Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Sad few days ... this one more so.

She's fading fast. She had a stroke (we think) a few days ago, and her eyesight's failing, and so is her motor-co-ordination.

I'm taking her back to the vet tomorrow. I don't think she's going to be coming back home, and it's breaking my heart.
    Hamps, I hate to hear that. :(

Pets can be stupid that way. Rather than dying quickly and gracefully, some of them have a tendency to stay on and find ever newer ways to worsen.

We have a cat who's 19 years old - I was in elementary school when we brought him home. He sleeps 23 hours a day now which I suppose can be chalked up to his cathood, but he's also stone deaf and he feels like a furry bag of bones. Worst of all, he has a wound on his nose that won't heal - he has, over the course of 2 years, scratched his nose off and now he has a huge gaping hole where his little pink nose used to be.

This is a few years ago before he lost his hearing and the weight and scratched his nose off.

My thoughts are with you.

TOTD: I'm a shoulder to mid-back man - I guess that's 'in-between'.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Did some work around the exterior of the house this morning (before the afternoon thunderstorms) and now I am done for the day, woohoo!

TOTD: Although I can go days without shaving (and really don't have to do so daily for my job) I don't like facial hair on myself such as a mustache, goatee or beard. I don't like facial hair on women, either!

I dunno...I think long or short hair looks good, depending on the style. Buzz-cuts or super-short, not so much.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Thanks LL and Troll ...

I never thought it was going to happen so quick as this. Wednesday last week she was fine, Thursday not.

It's bad seeing an animal so graceful as she used to be go out struggling and suffering. I am dreading tomorrow, praying for a change in her, but knowing that it's probably not going to happen. I have to do the right thing for her, and it's not going to feel right at all.

Thanks LL and Troll ...

I never thought it was going to happen so quick as this. Wednesday last week she was fine, Thursday not.

It's bad seeing an animal so graceful as she used to be go out struggling and suffering. I am dreading tomorrow, praying for a change in her, but knowing that it's probably not going to happen. I have to do the right thing for her, and it's not going to feel right at all.
    Hamp so sorry to hear about her problems. I know too well the pain from losing a beloved pet. And I also know that you're a good person and will make the right decision, however tough. :)

Sorry to hear that, hampshirebrit.:(

I've got one that's super old too - losing the teeth on one side of his lower jaw. I buy smoked turkey slices and cut them in bite size pieces for him every afternoon.

TOTD: A woman's hair should be long - as long as possible, but - PLEASE, only on your head!:eek:
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Patent Member
    Aw, poor kitty.

Hopefully you enjoy your last times with her, cats are great pets to have. Circle of life and all that.

TOTD: Tried to grow facial hair once, didn't work out. I got mad when my face kept itching and I couldn't wash my face without feeling like I was petting a hedgehog. On women, as long as their hair is still long enough to require scissors to cut, I'm OK with it.

There is a LOT of damage in south Louisiana. My family has not returned (they don't live in New Orleans).
    Jindal is getting wonderful press

"Bobby Jindal has been pitch perfect during Gustav," said Douglas Brinkley, who wrote "The Great Deluge," which describes the chaos after Katrina. "He promised to be a hands-on administrator, and I think he delivered. He had such an easy factual grasp of the situation. It's almost the exact opposite of Blanco and [New Orleans Mayor C. Ray] Nagin during Katrina."
    source
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.