Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It all depends on the economy.
    well . . . it actually depends on how people perceive the economy.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    It all depends on the economy.
    Unemployment rises to 9%. With Obama's anti-business stance, high gas prices, health care costs going up, high debt and campaign donations from business falling flat, I do not see how he can get re-elected.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Unemployment rises to 9%. With Obama's anti-business stance, high gas prices, health care costs going up, high debt and campaign donations from business falling flat, I do not see how he can get re-elected.

Gas prices hit a high here last week, at about $4.25 a gallon. They've dropped this week to around $3.90-3.99, depending on the location of the station, and have dropped to that level a little each day since Friday. The extra costs for groceries are due to the gas prices.

It's still a year and a half away. A lot, good or bad, could happen between now and then.

Somebody just has to run these clips along with the graph of gas prices:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxG...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4yFs...eature=related
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    well . . . it actually depends on how people perceive the economy.
    Exactly. If people are still worried next year, we may very well see a new president even if there is improvement in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Somebody just has to run these clips along with the graph of gas prices:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxG...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4yFs...eature=related
    I see shit like this and I still wonder how the magic negro got elected.

I love how in the first video you saw his pea brain trying to work out a statement that wouldn't sound too bad to the suckers who voted for him.:mad:

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I see shit like this and I still wonder how the magic negro got elected.

I love how in the first video you saw his pea brain trying to work out a statement that wouldn't sound too bad to the suckers who voted for him.:mad:

Just watch some videos of McCain's performance during the debates and you'll see how.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Just watch some videos of McCain's performance during the debates and you'll see how.
    sadly you are right, McCain was the absolute worse candidate to up, Hell I would have plugged my nose and voted for Romney or Huckafail over McCain as neither of them would have pussy footed around issues like McCain did

This is why we need to push candidates like Cain over guys like Newt and Romney

Quote Originally Posted by pyackog View Post
    Exactly. If people are still worried next year, we may very well see a new president even if there is improvement in reality.
    The economy is not going to improve. We're in a double-dip recession, where the hike in gas prices will be a drag on almost all other economic activity. It's the same effect that a tax hike would have had.
    Actually, McCain did fairly well during the debates. He schooled Obama on a number of subjects, which left Obama basically repeating the line, "John is right" over and over.
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    sadly you are right, McCain was the absolute worse candidate to up, Hell I would have plugged my nose and voted for Romney or Huckafail over McCain as neither of them would have pussy footed around issues like McCain did

This is why we need to push candidates like Cain over guys like Newt and Romney
    Cain is rapidly becoming my first choice, although I'd be more comfortable if he had some government experience, only because Cain's never dealt with public sector employee unions and other incorrigible creatures of government. Outsiders who go to Washington tend to get rolled by the permanent bureaucracy.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    He can because too many people are completely ignorant of how the economy and the government are supposed to work. Too many people think that bailouts, stimulus checks, and other government actions are going to save the economy and create jobs, they think that government efforts and money poured into alternative energy will eliminate the need for gas, that the government can do a better job running the healthcare industry than hospitals, doctors and insurance companies, and because the Republican party may chicken out and send up another wiener like McCain.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!