Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    He can because too many people are completely ignorant of how the economy and the government are supposed to work. Too many people think that bailouts, stimulus checks, and other government actions are going to save the economy and create jobs, they think that government efforts and money poured into alternative energy will eliminate the need for gas, that the government can do a better job running the healthcare industry than hospitals, doctors and insurance companies, and because the Republican party may chicken out and send up another wiener like McCain.
    You are correct about ignorant voters. However, those millions that are unemployment, underemployed, students, etc that enthusiastically supported Obama in the last election have had their HOPES dashed. So, they might stay home or vote Republican. The thrill is gone and the support for him has drastically decreased.

This should be an easy win for the Republicans if they stay on topic that the voters are concerned about. It is the economy stupid, a solution to energy, debt and don't get side tracked on other issues. The economy and unemployment are in the tank. Hammering Obama on these issues rather than water-boarding and social issues is the ticket to success.

Here is another issues that pollsters do not take into account. There are blue states like MA, CA, etc that the Repub candidate will not win. Therefore, a poll counting those Obama supporters is meaningless. I think that the Repub candidate can win every red state that Obama won last election. I would like to see a poll for those states. Game over for Obama if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You are correct about ignorant voters. However, those millions that are unemployment, underemployed, students, etc that enthusiastically supported Obama in the last election have had their HOPES dashed. So, they might stay home or vote Republican. The thrill is gone and the support for him has drastically decreased.

This should be an easy win for the Republicans if they stay on topic that the voters are concerned about. It is the economy stupid, a solution to energy, debt and don't get side tracked on other issues. The economy and unemployment are in the tank. Hammering Obama on these issues rather than water-boarding and social issues is the ticket to success.

Here is another issues that pollsters do not take into account. There are blue states like MA, CA, etc that the Repub candidate will not win. Therefore, a poll counting those Obama supporters is meaningless. I think that the Repub candidate can win every red state that Obama won last election. I would like to see a poll for those states. Game over for Obama if that is the case.
    They had their hope and change dashed, no doubt, but we have notoriously short memories now a days. I caught some of O's immigration speech, and at least once the sheep started bleeting "Yes We Can!!111!!". O's base is gullible and highly susceptible to groupthink, and so are many of those independents that can be sucked in by a good lie and a good marketing plan. I really hope I'm wrong, but it's far from a given that O loses in '12, in no small part due to the second part of your response. IF the republicans stay on topic, IF they focus on real solutions to real economic problems, and IF they don't get sucked into a social debate amongst themselves or with Obama. Those are sadly big IFs.

I'm hedging my bets at this point. It's not impossible, unlikely, but not impossible, that Obama might not even get the nomination. He's ticked off a lot of dems and lib voters over Club Gitmo, Afghanistan, Iran, and other issues, with the economy continuing to tumble and unemployment rising, some of the politicians may decide that the dem's need a new candidate. We still have no idea who the repbulicans are running yet, with no one breaking away from the pack at this early point, and we could get stuck with another stinker like last time.

There are just way too many variables at this early point in the game, and it could still go either way.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!