Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Ermm... Andrew Jackson? Eisenhower? Grant?

If you are referring to the Whiskey Rebellion, there was no battle. The "Insurrectionists" gave up when the Federal Army took to the field.
    And to Washington's great credit, pardoned the rebels after they were sentenced.:) GO! And next time just pay your damned taxes! Anyway, Hamilton led that army, not Washington.

Eisenhower: I could look it up, but it's late, so I'll just throw it out. Didn't he miss combat altogether? He was in The U.S. for WWI, right? It would be a bit ridiculous to say he never led anyone in combat, but strictly speaking he did not, am I right? He directed European operations, of course, but never actually charged the enemy himself. Right? Or did he participate in Africa someway? Can't remember.........I'll think about it tomorrow...........ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by Starbuck; 05-07-2011 at 11:58 PM.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    I was curious--
    I know the President has as his personal transportation both Marine 1 and Airforce One, but iis there any naval ship which is solely for the usage of the President? Sort of a Presidential Warship?

I would think it would be befitting, given the President is the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces. Personally, as dangerous as it might be, I think a President should have the option of taking a very direct role in warfare--beyond just giving orders. Perhaps acting as a field General of sorts if there was ever another major, large scale war.

I've read Lincoln was VERY hands on with regard to the Civil War, even going so far as to help plan out the day to day strategies and troop movements.

Marine I belongs to the Navy. That's sufficient, no presidential yacht is needed.

A slow boat to China would be nice!:)
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    And to Washington's great credit, pardoned the rebels after they were sentenced.:) GO! And next time just pay your damned taxes! Anyway, Hamilton led that army, not Washington.

Eisenhower: I could look it up, but it's late, so I'll just throw it out. Didn't he miss combat altogether? He was in The U.S. for WWI, right? It would be a bit ridiculous to say he never led anyone in combat, but strictly speaking he did not, am I right? He directed European operations, of course, but never actually charged the enemy himself. Right? Or did he participate in Africa someway? Can't remember.........I'll think about it tomorrow...........ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    I don't think Ike had too active a role in WWI.
    Truman, however, did see action and lead troops into battle during his WWI service.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Marine I belongs to the Navy. That's sufficient, no presidential yacht is needed.
    Getting rid of the Presidential yacht was just another thing Carter did to make the US look like a lesser nation.