Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 So I Did A Silent Callout On a Republican Hypocrite 
    link

rsmith6621 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat May-07-11 04:20 PM
    Original message
    So I Did A Silent Callout On a Republican Hypocrite

....Anyhow this morning my wife and I drop off some items at Goodwill. We waited on the car in front of us as they were waiting for the clerk to get a tax receipt so they could write off the donation on their taxes. I happened to notice on their bumper a McCain/Palin,Dino Rossi for Governor stickers and a couple of other Republican campaign stickers as well.

Anyhow we went in to the store to browse around as we are looking for a cheap file cabinet...so the same person that was in front of us outside was now in front of us inside so I just said to my wife "isn't it funny that those who vote republican say they do so because they want less government but will take any tax breaks and loopholes from the government".

The lady in front of us face turned into a prune and she was doing her best to get out of the store quickly as possible, she paid for her items and walked away and I just said "enjoy your tax break"
    Liberals acting like rude jerks. No surprise there.

rsmith is one of the ruder jerks on DU.

I love how every time they tell one of these stories on DU they interpret the conservative who politely ignores the rudeness and simply leaves as being embarrassed or as the liberal "winning".

isn't it funny that those who vote republican say they do so because they want less government but will take any tax breaks and loopholes from the government
    No, what's "funny" is you poo flingers from the left that assume gov't has any money in the first place. That a tax break could be interpreted as endorsing bigger government when bigger government obviously demands MORE taxes, not less. I think what is "funny" is that you idiots post your idiocy for all to see and that you poo flingers are the only ones who fail to see it.

Too bad your ignorant ass didn't smart off to me publicly. I would have bitch slapped you in front of everyone including that horse faced wife of yours.:mad:

Of course this is all fantasy anyway since you began your tall tale with "so."
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Of course this dumbass assumes that the reason the woman was making the donation was for a tax write off - prolly because that's the sole reason for him making a donation.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Unless this DUmmy forgoes the personal exemption deduction he really needs to STFU.

Isn't it funny how people think Goodwill is the government? Oh yeah. Tax write offs. Whatever. That's less government. Duh.

BTW, Goodwill where I'm at often sells their shirts for about three dollars. Well, Wal-Mart is selling some of their clearance stuff for one to three dollars where I'm at. That's right. You can get brand new clothes for less at Wal-Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Isn't it funny how people think Goodwill is the government? Oh yeah. Tax write offs. Whatever. That's less government..
    I was thinking the same thing.

This smells like another bouncy to me.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Wait, so someone who wants less government wants to give the government less of their hard earned money? How is this hypocritical again?

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    Wait, so someone who wants less government wants to give the government less of their hard earned money? How is this hypocritical again?
    In the twisted version of "logic" at the DUmp...

Tax write offs and "loopholes" = government welfare.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Typical DU bullshit Bouncies... :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

I have no idea how it works in the OP's personal universe but out here in For-Real Land, when you drive up and donate stuff (or when they pick it up at your house) they write you out a receipt automatically. I must have half dozen of them around the house.