Thread: Non-rockers wearing Rock n roll t-shirts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hai View Post
    Anyone else ticked off about how people who don't listen to rock are wearing shirts with various band logos like AC/DC? Because it's one of the ways that those who like rock music identify ourselves and it ticks me off when posers wear band shirts.
    That bugs me to no end! On the same note it also bugs me when people assume that since I'm in my 20's I only listen to pop, hip-hop, and rap, and have no interest in classic rock. Nothing could be further from the truth! I'm a rocker through and through. I was raised on classic rock.

Quote Originally Posted by WildHeart View Post
    That bugs me to no end! On the same note it also bugs me when people assume that since I'm in my 20's I only listen to pop, hip-hop, and rap, and have no interest in classic rock. Nothing could be further from the truth! I'm a rocker through and through. I was raised on classic rock.
    Don't worry, we can tell by the look in your eye.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WildHeart View Post
    My 34 year old daughter was recently appalled to find out her (new) husband had no idea who Grace Slick was.

Seriously, though. I know it's only rock-n-roll, but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Undies View Post
    My 34 year old daughter was recently appalled to find out her (new) husband had no idea who Grace Slick was.
    :eek: :eek:

Unless you are a roadie or under 18, why would you wear one even if you did listen to the music?

Anyone else ticked off about how people who don't listen to rock are wearing shirts with various band logos like AC/DC? Because it's one of the ways that those who like rock music identify ourselves and it ticks me off when posers wear band shirts.
    The guys who listen to those bands have a right to wear those shirts, because they bought the albums (or at least downloaded the songs) and are much more authentic than the poseurs who are only wearing the shirts because they want to be associated with musical acts that they don't know anything about because they, uh, mmmm... Aw, man, I can't even pretend to care about something this stupid, even sarcastically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Unless you are a roadie or under 18, why would you wear one even if you did listen to the music?
    Exactly. It's not like a kid who does listen to the band is any less of a poseur. Does the obese kid in the Wolverine T-shirt have more of a right to wear it than the guy who doesn't own a box of mylar-bagged back issues, but does own deodorant and has actually touched a woman?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I'm a classic rock fan and have been to many a concert but I haven't worn a rock t-shirt in quite some time. The closest I have come is wearing a Jimmy Buffett t-shirt but only because it said "The weather is here, wish you were beautiful".
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

I remember during the 80's when there were people who listened to the Scorpions and wore the t-shirts.

I remember during the 80's when there were people who listened to the Scorpions and wore the t-shirts.
    I suspect that you really meant to post at Conservative Undershirt, not Conservative Underground. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!