Thread: "The Great Debate: Is The Anglican Church Of England Really Christian ?"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I'm sure it would be epic for all of us - especially international law enforcement. :p
    I sense this will involve either really expensive Norweigan yarn, German Beer, or a Greek Masseuse...I have a cousin in the UK who's a lawyer. I sense we'll be needing his services. :p

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    I sense this will involve either really expensive Norweigan yarn, German Beer, or a Greek Masseuse...I have a cousin in the UK who's a lawyer. I sense we'll be needing his services. :p

~QC
    Just put him on retainer - it's a lot cheaper in the long run.

Do not ask me why I know this.

Fabulous Poster
    The question was if the COE is really Christian. The answer, from several angles would be in the affirmative.

Christianity is the child of Judaism, but it contains "genetics" that are not of Judaism. It only makes sense that there will be further evolutions of this family of beliefs. Christianity has traditionally accommodated, incorporated, assimilated, or adapted many of the indigenous religions of Europe and other places where Christianity has spread since its birth in Asia.

There are synagogues which used to be churches, churches and mosques which used to be synagogues, and restaurants, residences, and office building which used to be churches and other buildings used for religious worship or activities.

Something that some people who claim to be "true Christians" , a claim made somewhat ridiculous by timeline alone, seem to attempt to do is to declare that theirs is the only correct version or practice, and that Christianity is frozen in time. When in the history of the world has religion been frozen in time? Even the mother ship has changed since the Council of Nice, sometimes peacefully. There are literally hundreds of denominations of Christianity, each one of them a different version, a different understanding, a different practice. Even if they are similar, they can't all be "really Christian" by some arbitrary fixed standard. The question is therefore, stupid.