Thread: Chrome ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    Not to argue but I don't think Google makes "mistakes" like that. They tried to slip something past people and got caught.

This is a dangerous data dealing company.
    You can see cabals and conspiracies anywhere if you want to see them I guess.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. -Robert Heinlein"

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I honestly don't trust Google so I'll pass on Chrome for now...:D
    Im honestly curious why you say that. What has Google done to inspire such concern?

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. -Robert Heinlein"

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I honestly don't trust Google so I'll pass on Chrome for now...:D
    Justifiably so. The whole point of Chrome is to monitor EVERYTHING you do on your computer. Every word you type, everything! IE doesn't "report back" to Microsoft on what you are doing, but Chrome does.

Google is using Chrome as a method to get applications to your desktop that are "free". How are they free? Because Google will watch and record everything you do in order to feed you advertisements.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHalo View Post
    Im honestly curious why you say that. What has Google done to inspire such concern?
    http://www.google-watch.org/bigbro.html

I tried the earlier beta. I understand they've made improvements since. I think I'll stay with Firefox and continue to use Dogpile as my search engine.

I use either Sandboxie or Shadow Defender when I do any surfing. One a sandbox, the other virtual. Sandboxie deletes everything when I close my browser. Shadow Defender does the same at each reboot. So, they can dump all the cookies, viruses, trojans, worms or any other garbage they want onto my computer. It's all trapped, and it all vanishes at the end of a browsing session or when I shut down or reboot.
    Last edited by Chuck58; 09-08-2008 at 03:00 AM.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    What is the author of that sites DU name? :p

Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    Justifiably so. The whole point of Chrome is to monitor EVERYTHING you do on your computer. Every word you type, everything! IE doesn't "report back" to Microsoft on what you are doing, but Chrome does.

Google is using Chrome as a method to get applications to your desktop that are "free". How are they free? Because Google will watch and record everything you do in order to feed you advertisements.
    Come on...you are sounding like the DU black helicopter crowd. I suppose that Google has re-education camps for all us Microsoft types?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHalo View Post
    Come on...you are sounding like the DU black helicopter crowd. I suppose that Google has re-education camps for all us Microsoft types?

Some of that stuff on that sight is overblown, but Google does monitor your every move. They even admit to that.
    Last edited by OwlMBA; 09-09-2008 at 10:05 PM.

Goldwater
    Theres that new engine called Cuil thats getting attention, it's made by ex-Google employees, check it out if you hate Google.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Theres that new engine called Cuil thats getting attention, it's made by ex-Google employees, check it out if you hate Google.
    It is the most horrible search engine ever. Even live.com is better than that piece of poo.