1. #1 Navy Authorizes Chaplains to Perform Same-Sex ‘Marriages’ in Naval Chapels 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Anticipating the elimination of the military ban on homosexuality, the Office of the Chief of Navy Chaplains has decided that same-sex couples in the Navy will be able to get married in Navy chapels, and that Navy chaplains will be allowed to perform the ceremonies

-- if homosexual marriage is legal in the state where the unions are to be performed. The advisory came in the form of an April 13 memo issued to all chaplains, in which the Chief of Navy Chaplains, Admiral Michael Tidd, said the Chaplain Corps was revising its Tier I training manuals, which
    snip
    “Unfortunately, the military is getting out in front on this issue and when you have a president who doesn’t believe the Defense of Marriage Act is a law he needs to follow, it’s no surprise that the military would follow his lead,” he added. “The president may think he’s above the law, but he’s not. If he has a problem with the Defense of Marriage Act, that’s something that he needs to address legislatively, not just by ignoring it.”
    snip
    Four states plus the District of Columbia currently issue marriage licenses to homosexual couples – Massachusetts, Connecticut, Iowa, New Hampshire, and Vermont. Maryland, New York and Rhode Island recognize same-sex marriages performed in other states.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...perform-same-s

Now it doesn't suprise me that the Navy would allow this...

But given the source, I'm not buying it. Last I heard the DOD was not recognizing same sex marriage as legitimate. The Navy Times has nothing on this.

When something besides CNS, or Newsmax carries this, then I'll lend it some credence.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Okay, we'll wait for MSNBC.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post

But given the source, I'm not buying it. Last I heard the DOD was not recognizing same sex marriage as legitimate. The Navy Times has nothing on this.

When something besides CNS, or Newsmax carries this, then I'll lend it some credence.
    http://www.mrc.org/pdf/CHCDADTTIERIR..._9_24_36_1.pdf
    On the Highway to Hell: Navy Chaplain Corps Revising Tier I Training Manuals to Allow for Queer Marriages

Like I have said on previous occasions, Article 125 of the UCMJ specifically prohibits anal sex. By allowing queers to practice their perverted backdoor lovemaking techniques with impunity while at the same time prosecuting heterosexual couples for doing likewise, the military is creating a privileged class of sexual perverts. Of course, it’s not the military’s fault; they are forced into this predicament by the Godless Obama administration and Libtarded politicians who haven’t a clue as to what military discipline and morale is all about.

Naturally, the military will soon be forced to eliminate—or, at the very least, modify—the language contained within Article 125 of the UCMJ; else, they risk dissension and poor morale amongst the troops.

http://doctorbulldog.wordpress.com/2...eer-marriages/

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post

I would guess that before the military has to recognize gay marriage, the federal government must do so first. Not the individual states, but the IRS.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I would guess that before the military has to recognize gay marriage, the federal government must do so first. Not the individual states, but the IRS.
    From how this seems, it's not recognizing the marriage. It's just allowing on-base facilities to be used to conduct the marriage in states that it is legal in.

Seems Chaplains are still not bound to do the ceremony either.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Fabulous Poster
    This is news, why?