Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Ok, so here's the deal... 
    I haven't been much of a gamer since I grew up about ten years ago, but now that I am 51 years old I decided to buy a game console; A: for blue ray/dvd watchness, B: for Netflixation, and C: because I am sick of being a grownup.

Ya know what Obama knows about bing the point man on a combat mission? That's how much I know about today's video games. " Luckily" I temporarily have my 23 year old son living with us to help me understand this new and strange technology. What I need is advice on what PS3 games you big kids would recommend. The beastly baby has recommend a few, but he also recommended that my wife and I watch Donnie Darko; a crime which currently has him left out of our will.

Anyhoo, I would like to hear some suggestions.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Articulate_Ape; 05-09-2011 at 06:31 PM.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

If your going with the PS3, Red Dead Redemption is a good one.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    If your going with the PS3, Red Dead Redemption is a good one.
    Thanks.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    ewww....why would you spend money on that POS called a PS3? buy a blue ray dvd player and xbox 360

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    ewww....why would you spend money on that POS called a PS3? buy a blue ray dvd player and xbox 360
    Exactly. I have a friend who has worked for game companies and he says playing DVDs in your console is one of the worst things you can do to it. It puts extra strain on the motor inside because, when you watch a DVD, it has to keep spinning the disk. It doesn't have to do this when you're playing a game.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Thanks for the feedback. Are there any straight guys, besides djones, that want to offer an opinion here?

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Are there any straight guys, besides djones, that want to offer an opinion here?
    Zathras is right when it comes to the DVD's. My original Xbox died because of that. It's not a quick process, it took several years, but when it finally went that was the reason.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Zathras is right when it comes to the DVD's. My original Xbox died because of that. It's not a quick process, it took several years, but when it finally went that was the reason.
    I may be dead in several years. Next.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    i don't play console games, just PC, I've had a 360 and had Turok for it, good game. few others like Sonic and Halo 2, but nothing else really

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I may be dead in several years. Next.
    What genre of games are you looking for. The only games on consoles I'm good at are the driving/racing ones. I use my PC for everything else.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf