Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Why DU is destined to fail 
    How the hell has this lasted so long???

Intelligento (13 posts) Tue May-10-11 01:50 PM
    Original message
    Why DU is destined to fail
    - While some of you are open to ideas most are narrow minded and refuse to see further than what is directly ahead.
    -You have no ability to cooperate with Republicans, therefore your beliefs will never be seen as actions.
    - Your intolerance makes you unable to see faults in your own party or to give credit to someone of the opposition who isn't Abe Lincoln.
    - You've managed to make no real impact except attending rallies as one of many and writing meaningless letters to political leaders.
    - You are known in political circles as a bunch of extreme-leftist nutcases, and even those leaders you support think you are irrational.

- How do I know all this?

I volunteered in Obama's Senatorial Administration for 2 years and saw the responses to some DU letters. There is not a single prominent political leader who would ever ask advice of the DU community.
    Link

Over 100 responses so far.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    I have no idea, but it is a pretty good suicide run. I'm sure it'll be locked shortly.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

No one appears to want to address the OP. It would be easy to do.

Sid and Bobo had a nice exchange. Do I sense a love connection?

bobbolink Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue May-10-11 01:06 PM
    Response to Original message
    70. The joke is on DU. OP got all these people to focus their energy on THIS, rather than on

what is truly important.

SidDithers Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue May-10-11 01:07 PM
    Response to Reply #70
    80. No...

Du'er are intelligent people capable of multi-tasking. Well, most DU'ers.

Sid
    bobbolink Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue May-10-11 01:10 PM
    Original message
    You are absolutelyy right. I have noticed you strongly advocating on all the poverty threads.
    SidDithers Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue May-10-11 01:17 PM
    123. And there it is...

no thread is complete with a bobbolink poverty reference.

Thanks. The thread can be locked now.

Sid

bobbolink Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue May-10-11 01:24 PM
    Response to Reply #123
    150. No thread is complete without a SidDithers denigration of poverty.

Oh wait... he is SOOOO active in poverty issues!!
    SidDithers Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue May-10-11 01:29 PM
    Response to Reply #150
    171. I was denigrating the poster, not the issue...nt

Sid
    bobbolink Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue May-10-11 01:31 PM
    Response to Reply #171
    175. Because you are above the rules, and because poverty has NEVER been a concern of yours.

NEVER

Your disdain for poor people has been made very clear.

SidDithers Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue May-10-11 01:33 PM
    Response to Reply #175
    185. I have disdain for you, not for poor people...nt

Sid
    ...and, end scene.

Love the Bobo the Hobo/Sid Dithers dust-up. :D

And it has finally been locked:

cally (1000+ posts) Tue May-10-11 03:28 PM
    329. Locking
    DU rules prohibit discussing DU members instead of ideas.

cally
    DU moderator

I say kudos to a great thread to whichever one of you started that. :D

And now this...

DainBramaged (1000+ posts) Tue May-10-11 03:33 PM
    Original message
    DU has survived 10 years without anyone in Washington asking our opinion
    we can go another 10 easy.

We aren't bankers or brokers, we're the common folk. Alan Grayson and Elizabeth Edwards KNEW who we are. And those who think we NEED justification by Washington can go poke logs where the sun don't shine.

So there.
    Link

Alan Grayson and Elizabeth Edwards KNEW who we are.
    Yeah, I'd be REAL proud of that DUmmy. Grayson is as bat-shit insane as your average DU poster. And Elizabeth Edwards quit coming to your stupid site because she realized how cruel and crazy you all are.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Yeah, I'd be REAL proud of that DUmmy. Grayson is as bat-shit insane as your average DU poster. And Elizabeth Edwards quit coming to your stupid site because she realized how cruel and crazy you all are.
    Did Grayson used to have an account over there? I searched and found one with his name but it was disabled.

I like the fact the DUmmie names 2 people who are millionaires and outside of a political fund raiser would not acknowledge these people's existance on a dare.

Quote Originally Posted by hoplophobe View Post
    Did Grayson used to have an account over there? I searched and found one with his name but it was disabled.

I like the fact the DUmmie names 2 people who are millionaires and outside of a political fund raiser would not acknowledge these people's existance on a dare.
    He posted there a couple of times trying to drum up support for his flailing reelection bid. I know we sent a couple of his posts to his opponent.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.