Thread: Herman Cain

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    good for you.

I do. I think it's important to listen to, and understand the other side's point of view.
    Dude you lie like a cheap rug. Badly and full of holes.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I love talking to people I disagree with.

CU tends to be pretty open minded with allowing dissenting point of views. I don't always agree with conservatives, but intelligent conservatives often make me re-think or re-articulate my own positions.

Talking to conservatives has made me re-think my positions on some issues including big ones like abortion.

I disagree with conservatives on many issues, but I think debate and discussion is important. If I only posted in left-wing echo chambers, no one would ever challenge my views, and my views would therefore never evolve.

Some conservatives (the intelligent ones) force me to re-evaluate my positions constantly. I like that, it helps me grow.
    I've had to coexist with liberals throughout my working career. I've endured their not so subtle jabs at conservatives and Republicans. Because they were of the opposite ideology and were CLIENTS, I learned to keep my opinions to myself.

Many of my fellow volunteers in various organizations made really mean slams at conservatives. Once in a while, I'd pop off and tell them how I felt. None of them respected my right to hold my own opinions.

Consequently, my admiration of many liberals is remarkably restrained, if not nonexistent. For the people who supposedly are the warm and fuzzy, lovely people, they aren't always so nice.

I feel people that spout their talking points without really thinking about it, on either side of the aisle, need to do some serious thinking.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Dude you lie like a cheap rug. Badly and full of holes.
    If he's a liar, he's a very good one, because he's been very consistent about it. He's always been open that he listens to talk radio, watches things like Beck, stuff like that.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    If he's a liar, he's a very good one, because he's been very consistent about it. He's always been open that he listens to talk radio, watches things like Beck, stuff like that.
    Except that his comments always track with the Media Matters take of talk radio.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Except that his comments always track with the Media Matters take of talk radio.
    You don't have to buy into it to listen to it.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    You don't have to buy into it to listen to it.
    I mean check on media matters when he comments on anything related to talk radio and you will see it covered in their talking points.

Back on track, has anyone see these? Here I Am, Rock You Like A Herman Cain

What I've heard out of Cain on the radio tells me he's far and away a better option then four more years of O. He's got business experience and common sense, two traits in sickeningly short supply all over D.C. right now. Is he electable? That's the $64 question isn't it?

BTW WWW, it's not hard to look into a camera, or a person's face and speak the truth with a straight face. Hence libs love of the internet. They can stop typing long enough to let the giggles out, then return to spewing.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Lots of stupid liberals believe that republicans won't vote for Cain because he is black. I cannot tell them often enough that they are wrong.

Herman Cain is a fantastic candidate for the republican parry. His talk show history and ability to parrot talking points while staring straight-faced into the camera makes him a Republican dream.
    And the Obama "change" mantra was one of the greatest Orwellian "slogans" ever concieved. It was stolen right out of Bill Clinton's 92 playbook too....for those who have short memories. Parrot talking points are not unique to the Republican party

4:25 in the video......he says it 4 f'in times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-W4GWjN2kg
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

From the little I've seen thus far I am leaning towards Cain. I am looking forward to more debates. VP?? I would prefer him at the top of ANY ticket at this point, but time will tell.
    WOOF!

I love talking to people I disagree with.............. but I think debate and discussion is important. If I only posted in left-wing echo chambers, no one would ever challenge my views, and my views would therefore never evolve...............Some conservatives (the intelligent ones) force me to re-evaluate my positions constantly................
    I don't pick that up from your posts at all. I think you have fallen victim to a Vince Lombardi - like win at all costs mentality, and you are here to dominate and press your views upon others. You haven't shown any particular respect for views that clash with your own, and if, indeed, you "love talking to people I disagree with" you haven't shown that you enjoy listening to said people.

I suggest you write "I respect the opinions of others, and always try to understand their point of view" on the blackboard 1,000 times. Then meditate and internalize it.:)