linkage
CORDOVA, Ala-- The Federal Emergency Management Agency says fewer than 50,000 people have registered for federal aid so far in the two weeks since the April 27 tornado outbreak.

They want people to know that help is available, but victims have to register to be eligible.

A Federal Disaster Recovery Center is open from 7 AM to 7 PM in the parking lot of Cordova High School in Walker County.

Here, officials with FEMA, the Small Business Administration, the Department of Agriculture and other state and local agencies are waiting to help tornado victims start getting their lives back together.

But there's just one problem: many storm victims haven't taken the time out to register yet.

Officials with FEMA say that after a disaster, a victim's first call should be to his insurance company, but the second call should be to FEMA.

They say storm victims should register with FEMA even if they suspect they won't qualify for any assistance

snip
Now, I'm looking for some more back up, but my wife found a report of facebook (hence the need for verification) that FEMA has only opened one office in Alabama specifically, and it's 100+ miles away from many of the people who lost homes, cars, electricity, phone service, you know, those things needed to contact FEMA for that registration. My thoughts, naturally, are that this poor management (assuming verification comes up) is solid evidence that Obama hates white people and is just hanging them out to dry, so to speak. That was what FEMA's actions and lack of actions meant after Katrina right?

In all seriousness, if this is accurate, it's more proof that our government and it's agencies are filled with clueless bureaucrats who couldn't run a lemonade stand, and the budget deficit needs to handled by shedding all the dead weight and layers of paper pushers.