Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 What to do about Amnesty? 
    The idea seems to be getting a lot of play time again, so figured I'd see what the general thoughts on it are.

12 million possible illegals in this country, rounding them up and deporting all of them is going to be a near impossible task, that would probably cost us much more then we could honestly afford. So generally, I am against the idea of just booting everyone out. I think it would be a futile effort.

So, my suggestion is we offer amnesty on conditions. 1. No criminal record while having been within the US (asides from that initial border crossing). 2. A fee is paid for breaking that one law. Maybe $500 or so. 3. Steps taken by legal immigrants who gain citizenship are taken. Take that test, fill out the paperwork, etc... 4. After a short period proof of employment. No welfare junkies.

Basically, the ones who want to become American's stay. The ones who want to contribute to OUR society. Those who don't get a one way ticket out of here.

So what else?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Fabulous Poster
    I oppose amnesty because we have already done this, and it only balloons in the next round.

How can anyone say that we can't deport the illegals, when the government of the United States has not even taken a stand, declared its intention, and essentially told these people to get out? Of course they hang on in hope, because people in the Republican and Democratic parties keep giving them hope.

Is there even one billboard in this country which says, "If you are an illegal alien, you are not welcome in this country. We will find you and deport you."?

We have billboards that say that they will find drug dealers. We have billboards asking people to turn in weapons. We have billboard to fight the spread of AIDS. We have billboards addressing crime and other social issues. But not one billboard telling the illegals to get out?

How can we know we will fail when we haven't even tried?

We have the FLorida Chamber of Commerce and the commercial growers in Florida opposing laws to ensure that workers are legally eligible to work. These are supposedly our leading citizens, and they are supporting illegal aliens staying in this country and working illegally? Has a government agency looked into these people? Is ICE showing up in tomato fields and checking social security cards? No.

This infuriates me.

We can and have deported large numbers of illegals, in 1954 1,075,168 went back to Mexico. Some estimates are as high as 13 million illegal Mexican nationals were returned by Eisenhower, we can return them, we just don't want to. They will vote Democrat.
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 05-11-2011 at 10:23 PM.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    We can and have deported large numbers of illegals, in 1954 1,075,168 went back to Mexico. Some estimates are as high as 13 million illegal Mexican nationals were returned by Eisenhower, we can return them, we just don't want to. They will vote Democrat.
    And to do it today, we have estimates of 2.6 trillion dollars to get it done. You want to foot that bill?

And the official number under Eisenhower was about 2 million, and it's believed to be inflated.
    Last edited by djones520; 05-11-2011 at 10:29 PM.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    And to do it today, we have estimates of 2.6 trillion dollars to get it done. You want to foot that bill?

And the official number under Eisenhower was about 2 million, and it's believed to be inflated.
    Yeah, why even try when they will vote democrat, who do you think does those estimates.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Yeah, why even try when they will vote democrat, who do you think does those estimates.
    Dont confuse him with facts, he has his own !

Do you need to be so glib? Just trying to have a constructive converstation about the issue.

I think with my idea, a great many would be deported (or just leave on their own). Not to many would want to stay with the strings attached.

Those that would, would most likely become productive members of our society. People who put that much effort into becoming US citizens do it because they want it. If we make it inconvenient for them, we're not going to be getting the people who are here for the free ride.

We want those people gone.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Do you need to be so glib? Just trying to have a constructive converstation about the issue.

I think with my idea, a great many would be deported (or just leave on their own). Not to many would want to stay with the strings attached.

Those that would, would most likely become productive members of our society. People who put that much effort into becoming US citizens do it because they want it. If we make it inconvenient for them, we're not going to be getting the people who are here for the free ride.

We want those people gone.
    I'm not being Glib, I believe that to be the truth, to add to it there are a lot of businessmen from both parties that like this modern day equivalent to slave labor.

Then can apply legally from their own country, no exceptions.
    Reagan made a bad mistake!

I'm not being Glib, I believe that to be the truth, to add to it there are a lot of businessmen from both parties that like this modern day equivalent to slave labor.
    Which is also wrong. Give some a path to citizenship, they cannot be exploited like that. Give the others a boot to the ass, and then we don't have this "slave labor" for them anymore.