Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    I laughed, RIGHT THERE. The visual of Redneck Borgias was too funny.

~QC
    Ah, but you forget. She isn't a Redneck---Bubba is. I know she has Chicago in her background.

At the beginning of this thread I had pointed out Obama's attire. That picture pretty much tells it all.

There's too much detail to this report to be some mere fiction. Someone leaked a very plausible story. I don't think that people begrudge Obama credit or are sad that Bin Laden was killed on his watch. But I think when and if this story is verified and becomes more public, Obama should face the music for running around and taking credit for something that he tried to stop for the many reasons listed above.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    I laughed, RIGHT THERE. The visual of Redneck Borgias was too funny.

~QC
    :D I've often said that the Kennedys were a cross between the Osmonds (teeth, hair) and the Borgias (morals).
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Ah, but you forget. She isn't a Redneck---Bubba is. I know she has Chicago in her background.

At the beginning of this thread I had pointed out Obama's attire. That picture pretty much tells it all.

There's too much detail to this report to be some mere fiction. Someone leaked a very plausible story. I don't think that people begrudge Obama credit or are sad that Bin Laden was killed on his watch. But I think when and if this story is verified and becomes more public, Obama should face the music for running around and taking credit for something that he tried to stop for the many reasons listed above.
    And, once again, what is Obama's MO? Would he take credit for someone else's success for doing something that he opposed? Like the surge in Iraq? Or getting the information on Bin Laden through enhanced interrogation techniques and detention at Gitmo? He established the pattern of conduct, and now wonders why we think that he's reverting to type...
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Hillary is the one that will bury him on this. Truthful or not, she will absolutely make certain that she is seen as the strong, decisive one, and that he was a hindrance to her power and control. I'm not certain that means that we will actually get the whole truth, but we will get her version of it.
    So now not only does the military leadership engage in mutiny and treason but also the Secretary of State?

The intrigue! The drama!

Worthy of a paperback if you get some fucking involved. I suggest the former president and the current first lady. He likes big butts, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    So now not only does the military leadership engage in mutiny and treason but also the Secretary of State?

The intrigue! The drama!

Worthy of a paperback if you get some fucking involved. I suggest the former president and the current first lady. He likes big butts, after all.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

The intrigue! The drama!

:)

The intrigue! The drama!

I keep asking you exactly what in this sequence of events you find incongruous, and you keep playing at vague generalizations. Do you have trouble believing that Obama would be indecisive in the face of a decision involving military force that had the potential to do tremendous damage to his presidency if it failed? Ask GEN McChrystal how long it took Obama to approve the Afghanistan surge (as opposed to how long it took him to sack the commander for rude comments made off the record by his staff, as reported in a scurrilous music rag). Or do you believe that he would not take credit for the work and risks undertaken by someone else, such as the intel that led up to Osama's execution, or the policies that he has continued to apply to Iraq and Afghanistan, or the national security aparatus that he inherited but denigrated at every opportunity? Or, are you unable to accept that Hillary Clinton and Leon Panetta (a former Clinton staffer) would not act in what they perceived as their own best interest (remember, this narrative elevates Hillary and Panetta, also "hated Democrats", as you put it, as the persons who got Osama)? Maybe you find it hard to believe that Obama was off playing golf and otherwise avoiding the responsibilites of his office while others did the heavy lifting? Maybe Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, who built the Obamacare bill that he took credit for might have something to say on that score.

Face it, Arrow Shirt, character predicts conduct, and Obama's conduct has demonstrated his lack of character since he first began voting "present."
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!