Thread: Barry didn't authorize OBL raid, he fought it.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Because those serving in the United States government at the highest levels are dedicated to the Constitution and I am not likely to believe stories written about mutiny and coup d'etat involving those individuals. Especially not from dodgy websites sought out by those whose contempt for the President of the United States is so great, they mentally cannot give him support or credit for anything.

Along comes a fictional "out" for them because they cannot honesty disapprove of the elimination of bin Laden and the complaints about pictures and burial sound pathetically petty. Happy-magic-presto! It turns out he didn't do it at all so we can all go to sleep happy.

Something like that, anyway.
    Oh, dear. Rose doesn't look very good on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Although Obama the candidate would have negotiated Osama's surrender.
    McCain: Pakistan is a very important element in this, and I know how to work with them. And I guarantee you, I would not publicly state that Iím gonna attack them.

Obama: Nobody talked about attacking Pakistan. Hereís what I said. And if John wants to disagree with this, he can let me know, that, if the United States has al Qaeda, bin Laden, top-level lieutenants in our sights, and Pakistan is unable or unwilling to act, then we should take them out. Now, I think that's the right strategy; I think that's the right policy.

So much for not doing "bullshit lazy debate tactics," Boots.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Don't be too kind to Panetta . His next job as SecDef is to stip the military budget to the bare bones.As DCI he has own his political motives to oppose Obama and take control of the situation .

Obama is weak and frightened .He has faith in Jarrett and needs her to cover his back .They didn't so much reigned in Jarrett as to 'end run' her and she still has Obamas ear .Once Panetta gave the Seals the go ahead and they blew him away on live video there was little Jarrett could do to convince Obama to stop them .

He looks like a little kid sitting on a small stool with his mouth open.I also notice Jarrett wasn't in the room ?Perhaps her clearance wasn't high enough ?We are in such 'deep do do with these Chicago hangmen in our White House !!!!!
    Well said. I couldn't agree more.
    WOOF!

More fiction for the propaganda eaters who cannot bear the thought that they have been lied to about Obama.

Salve to cover the wound of the hated Democrat eliminating bin Laden.
    If I hadn't met you in real life years ago at the CU gathering in Dunedin, I'd swear you were Alan Colmes.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Oh, dear. Rose doesn't look very good on you.
    Mutiny is a bit more cynical than my deep well of cynicism will allow.

Mutiny is a bit more cynical than my deep well of cynicism will allow.
    Perhaps now. Strange times sometimes call for solutions not usually used. Can you imagine the frustration knowing where Bin Laden was holed up and having the president and Jarrett dithering about the politics involved? Patraeus spent a whole lot of time and effort (along with many other) to capture Bin Laden. Supposedly that was a huge part of our mission in Afghanistan.

Remember Obama the candidate dissing our involvement in Iraq and saying that our focus should have been on Afghanistan and capturing Bin Laden? If this the leak was true (and I strongly suspect the Clinton camp of leaking it if it was true), then it was wrong for Obama to push the others involved to the point where they would have to do an end run around him.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

He should have landed on an aircraft carrier.

Sure.

He allowed the Democratic Congress to determine the nuts and bolts of the Stimulus relying too much on the concept that merely pumping 800 billion into the economy was enough; not caring how it was spent nor how to target the tax relief in the law.

He played footsie forever over Gitmo instead of just realizing his campaign promise was unworkable and eating it.

He continued profligate spending without increasing revenue.

He presented a meaningless joke of a budget prior to the so-called Ryan Plan for purely political purposes.

He took control of the Census instead of leaving it where it belonged in the Commerce Department.

He refuses to stand up to Israel in any meaningful way and prove the United States can be a fair arbiter of that dispute.

As far as I can tell, he has no cohesive energy strategy and is nothing but platitudes on that front at a time when it is one of the most pressing issues we face.

On health insurance reform he made too many deals up front in an attempt to get the private sector on board instead of dealing with the Republican minority on the issue (granted, that may have been pointless since they have no interest in effective governing but he should have gone there first).

Moss grows on his veto pen.

He allowed France and the UK to take the lead on how to address Libya and got the United States involved in a conflict with no obvious benefit while we are currently trying to complete the endgame on two different fronts. The cover for this was (in my opinion) a pathetic claim that the strategy for the Middle East has changed to a quasi-Bush reverse domino theory but instead of pushing Jeffersonian democracy through the barrel of a gun, we will just pick the side of "freedom" even though we are using guns. I could go on a long time with the problems I have with the precipitous action in Libya. I think it was his biggest blunder so far and it made the United States look weak politically and militarily.

Enough or do you need more?
    That had to hurt to say....:D

The big Cheese

One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

More fiction for the propaganda eaters who cannot bear the thought that they have been lied to about Obama.

Salve to cover the wound of the hated Democrat eliminating bin Laden.
    Except that he didn't do it. The hated Democrat that did it was Leon Panetta, who isn't exactly known around here as a tea partying conservative. The issue is not which party killed Bin Laden, it's Obama's competence, which you keep pretending exists. He has no experience as an administrator or executive, has never run anything before being put in the most difficult leadership position in the world, and is now failing massively. If it weren't for the media's deliberate refusal to cover his failures, his approval rating would be in single digits. The people who cannot bear to face the truth about Obama are liberals who have been told that this clueless dilletante had the chops to run the most powerful nation in the world.
    He should have landed on an aircraft carrier.
    The crew of an aircraft carrier wouldn't have cheered him when he took credit for other people's courage and skill.

Sure.

He allowed the Democratic Congress to determine the nuts and bolts of the Stimulus relying too much on the concept that merely pumping 800 billion into the economy was enough; not caring how it was spent nor how to target the tax relief in the law.

He played footsie forever over Gitmo instead of just realizing his campaign promise was unworkable and eating it.

He continued profligate spending without increasing revenue.

He presented a meaningless joke of a budget prior to the so-called Ryan Plan for purely political purposes.

He took control of the Census instead of leaving it where it belonged in the Commerce Department.

He refuses to stand up to Israel in any meaningful way and prove the United States can be a fair arbiter of that dispute.

As far as I can tell, he has no cohesive energy strategy and is nothing but platitudes on that front at a time when it is one of the most pressing issues we face.

On health insurance reform he made too many deals up front in an attempt to get the private sector on board instead of dealing with the Republican minority on the issue (granted, that may have been pointless since they have no interest in effective governing but he should have gone there first).

Moss grows on his veto pen.

He allowed France and the UK to take the lead on how to address Libya and got the United States involved in a conflict with no obvious benefit while we are currently trying to complete the endgame on two different fronts. The cover for this was (in my opinion) a pathetic claim that the strategy for the Middle East has changed to a quasi-Bush reverse domino theory but instead of pushing Jeffersonian democracy through the barrel of a gun, we will just pick the side of "freedom" even though we are using guns. I could go on a long time with the problems I have with the precipitous action in Libya. I think it was his biggest blunder so far and it made the United States look weak politically and militarily.

Enough or do you need more?
    No, but you do. Let us know when you've figured out that this guy has no clue. We'll be glad to remind you about how often and deeply you were wrong in defending him.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    No, but you do.
    Not really. I am not required to disagree with everything he does, nor to hate the man so much, that I have to cling to fictional accounts of mutiny in order to be happy that bin Laden was eliminated.