Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1. Balanced Budget Amendment
    2. Institute a flat tax
    3. National ID
    4. No taxation without representation
    6. Move all territories to status of a state or cut them loose
    7. Eliminate politicized re-districting
    8. Expand the House to 1200 members with additional seats being added after each census that will be a whole number rounded down from the growth of individuals divided by 250000
    9. Single payer heathcare system

As long as we are dreaming, and all.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Care to define a few.... Liberal ??
    See CueSi's post. It's brilliant.

AND it made me want Chicken Marsala for dinner tonight.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    and that was the reason why it was lowered, which most people around here seem to forget

I would like to see an permanent elimination of the estate tax, and a push for the Fair Tax, a cap on spending (15-20% of GDP) and a decisive push for a health care structure that works and frees the private sector from the restrictions and mandates it's under
    That plus an elimination of all and any funding for Planned Parenthood or any other baby killing abortion mill in America .That wish list would spell the end of the Liberal/Progressive/Maoist party in America....Their entire party depends on a base that demands abortion on call at any time .

I'd like to see the Catholic bishops in America stand up and take a stand to take these so called Catholics Political types to task .Pronounce the bans of excommunion and set a definite time to a public repentance and hold them to it .If they are real Catholics they will listen and change their ways if not they leave the church !

Spending our tax money is mothers milk to Congress so set a difinite limited session for them to meet and set a dollar limit on any and all pork projects for each Congress critter to spend.National defense funding should be set by the Sec Defense after meeting with each service chief .

Set term limits for both the House and Senate.The Congress shouldn't be a life time job and make it the same as the Presidents term limits.If we can do without him we can do without them after two four year terms.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Set term limits for both the House and Senate.The Congress shouldn't be a life time job and make it the same as the Presidents term limits.If we can do without him we can do without them after two four year terms.
    I agree, but I would give House members 3-5 term limit and Senate 2-3 terms, it would allow for new blood and new ideas while limiting the length people can serve.

I would also get rid of all pay for Senate and House members and provide enough for housing and food while they are in DC, if they need more than what is provided, they can use their own money

I agree, but I would give House members 3-5 term limit and Senate 2-3 terms, it would allow for new blood and new ideas while limiting the length people can serve.

I would also get rid of all pay for Senate and House members and provide enough for housing and food while they are in DC, if they need more than what is provided, they can use their own money
    That last part is a bad idea. George Washington set the precedent for why.

At the urging of Congress, however, he ultimately accepted the payment, to avoid setting a precedent whereby the presidency would be perceived as limited only to independently wealthy individuals who could serve without any salary.
    Now, today it's damn near impossible to get to that position if you don't have cash. But it still gives something for us little folks to strive for.

I would not be against setting a precendent that the independantly wealthy returns their pay.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    That last part is a bad idea. George Washington set the precedent for why.

Now, today it's damn near impossible to get to that position if you don't have cash. But it still gives something for us little folks to strive for.

I would not be against setting a precendent that the independantly wealthy returns their pay.
    they would get pay but it's only enough to cover expenses while in DC

they would get pay but it's only enough to cover expenses while in DC
    They don't just spend time in DC though. They gotta go home. As our representatives, they gotta find out what we want. And they have to have a means of supporting their family. What incentive is there to take a job that you know is going to end, with no benefits, and your not getting paid for?

By not paying, or just giving a stipend, your ensuring only the independantly wealthy can do the job.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    Eliminate the Post Office
    Eliminate Homeland Security
    Eliminate the Federal Reserve
    Eliminate Obamacare
    Eliminate subsidies for Ethanol
    All Federal employees must go under social security and medicare including politicians.
    Reduce the number of federal employees each year by 5% for 5 years
    All of the add ons to Social Security since inception should be eliminated.

...a lot of good ideas.

And, I would add that since I was limited to fixed amounts while traveling, whether in private industry or while working for the DoD, for meals and housing, Reps and Senators should also be limited. No need to have enough income to buy an extra house in the DC area - and then complain about the cost of living.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA