Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You have lapsed into complete incoherence.

The point is that Obama's policies have resulted in genuinely destructive outcomes, and that those of us who oppose him are doing so because we can see the effects of his political philosophy in the daily ruin that it imposes. Obama came to the presidency with no executive experience, an ideological animus against his own country and an inflated belief in his powers of persuasion. His ineptitude, prejudices and arrogance have produced horrific effects. Palin, who you despise, was a successful governor and mayor, and it is unlikely that she would have failed as abysmally as Obama has.
    Give it up Ody. You can't reason with an idiot with terminal BDS.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Put Obama and Biden's IQ together and it might reach 200 total. These are the two dumbest idiots to ever disgrace the WH.
    Corrected for the slight oversight of accuracy.
    Give a liberal a fish - he will eat for a day
    Teach a liberal to fish - he will come back tomorrow wanting more free fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Give it up Ody. You can't reason with an idiot with terminal BDS.
    BDS, PDS and Wilburosis. Agreed, but remember Gresham's law, that the bad drives out the good. In the case of debates, if the good doesn't fight back, the bad prevails. Refuting disinformation is a moral imperative.

BTW, remember when Wilbur used to deny being a liberal?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

When was that, when he lived in Never Never Land?
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    When was that, when he lived in Never Never Land?
    Oh, no, he's still a lost boy. But he always got his back up whenever he was called a liberal/leftist/proglodyte/whatever. He claims to be a libertarian, but if so, he's the most statist libertarian ever seen.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Banned
    BDS, PDS and Wilburosis. Agreed, but remember Gresham's law, that the bad drives out the good. In the case of debates, if the good doesn't fight back, the bad prevails. Refuting disinformation is a moral imperative.
    Hey, I'm inclined to agree... I'll link to this post next time someone questions why I come down so hard on religion. :)

I still deny it, I just don't bother too here anymore, since "liberal" here is defined as "anything but freeper-like-conservatism".
    Last edited by wilbur; 05-18-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Hey, I'm inclined to agree... I'll link to this post next time someone questions why I come down so hard on religion. :)

I still deny it, I just don't bother too here anymore, since "liberal" here is defined as "anything but freeper-like-conservatism".

You'd be taking the major out of context, then.

People hate that. :p

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

So, your opinion on religion is now gospel?

Let's see... You favor cap and trade, believe in anthropogenic global warming (and support economic austerity programs that redistribute wealth in order to deal with it), defend Obama at every opportunity, parrot MSM talking points about Palin, oppose the death penalty, seek therapeutic remedies for crime (rather than understand behavior as a moral choice), support the suppression of religion and side with pretty much every enemy the US has while being unable to utter an unapologetic or unqualified expression of patriotism. Oh, and you accuse everyone to the right of you (which is pretty much everyone here except for Wei, KS and Arroyo, although he has his lucid moments) of being a Freeper. If you aren't a liberal, you do an astonishing imitation of one.
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    You'd be taking the major out of context, then.
    People hate that. :p
    ~QC
    Like he cares. Truth is all relative to Wilbur.
    --Odysseus

Let's see... You favor cap and trade,
    I don't.

believe in anthropogenic global warming (and support economic austerity programs that redistribute wealth in order to deal with it),
    I don't.

defend Obama at every opportunity,
    You may have me there but when I disagree with his actions, there are plenty here to bitch about it so one more doesn't really make any difference.

parrot MSM talking points about Palin,
    I try to avoid Palin stuff so no on that one.

oppose the death penalty,
    Got me there. I oppose capital punishment. But then again, I'm Pro-Life and see an inherent inconsistency to being that and supporting the Death Penalty.

seek therapeutic remedies for crime (rather than understand behavior as a moral choice),
    I don't.

support the suppression of religion
    I don't. And when I defend a certain religion when you advocate suppressing it, you get tetchy.

and side with pretty much every enemy the US has while being unable to utter an unapologetic or unqualified expression of patriotism.
    I don't.

Yet, I am still a "liberal" here. I think Wilbur has a valid point.

Banned
    So, your opinion on religion is now gospel?
    So when you fight disinformation, its your moral imperative - when I fight disinformation, I'm claiming my word is gospel - interesting how that works.

Let's see... You favor cap and trade,
    Even libertarians have to admit the existence of market failures... C&T is a particularly capitalist, free market economics way to address some forms of market failures... namely externalities generated by pollution.

Though I've repeatedly said, I'm skeptical of the strategy being applied to CO2, even though I'm not opposed to C&T in principle.

believe in anthropogenic global warming
    Party affiliation has nothing to do with scientific facts or theories. Its possible to believe AGW and be the most republican republican that could possibly exist.

defend Obama at every opportunity
    No, really don't.

parrot MSM talking points about Palin,
    The intelligence level of Palin, again, has nothing to do with party affiliation.

oppose the death penalty,
    Actually, opposition to the death penalty can be said to be true to very essence of libertarianism - entrusting a government to choose who lives and dies is anathema to many libertarians.

seek therapeutic remedies for crime (rather than understand behavior as a moral choice),
    Huh? I seek effective remedies for crime, whether that be punishment, therapy, or something else.

But of course, all the consequences of said remedies need to be accounted for, including power entrusted to a corruptible state... a death penalty for jay walking would probably be effective at stopping jay walking, but also effective in bringing about tyranny.

support the suppression of religion
    Atheism and anti-theism is strong in the libertarian world.

and side with pretty much every enemy the US has while being unable to utter an unapologetic or unqualified expression of patriotism.
    You'll have to be more specific.

Oh, and you accuse everyone to the right of you (which is pretty much everyone here except for Wei, KS and Arroyo, although he has his lucid moments) of being a Freeper. If you aren't a liberal, you do an astonishing imitation of one.
    And you are making it plainly obvious, that you don't even know what a liberal (or libertarian) is!
    Last edited by wilbur; 05-18-2011 at 04:41 PM.