Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Re-education camps RKP5837 ?

I knew sooner or later one of the DUers would get around to it.

Amazing, Moonbats created and control the modern educational system, now they're bitching about it

I forgot, if you're a Moonbat , nothing is ever your fault; its always the guy who told you it was a bad idea in the first place.
    Last edited by Dan D. Doty; 05-15-2011 at 07:26 PM.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    So let me spell this out in a way that matters to an entirely selfish individual: an uneducated population hurts everyone, including you. When people don't have an education in our growing information society they are unable to find secure work, but their bellies still need food so they are more likely to become desperate and resort to crime. It may not jive with your peachy perfect utopian vision of America, but for some people in some situations, crime becomes the most realistic option for subsistence.

Even beyond the increase in crime, our national economy on the global marketplace will suffer the children of our nation not having a good education. We are a global marketplace and there's nothing we can do to change that, so large multinational corporations are able, with the help of technology, to easily move jobs to other countries. Other countries actually see education as a national priority, it's not a handout, it's an investment.

The children being educated today will be running the country in a few decades, making decisions, holding office, caring for the elderly, directing police action, and so on. If we don't invest in education, and treat it as something valuable that all children should be aspiring to, no amount of jingoism is going to save us from forces greater (and more educated) than ourselves.
    And yet, teachers in Wisconsin considered their union more important than the job of educating those kids. Go figure...

Money isn't the solution to the problems of education. If it were, then the most expensive education systems, the ones that spend the most per pupil, would have the best results. They don't. According to the U.S. Census Bureau's 2007 report on public school finances, New York spent an average of $15,981 per pupil, followed by New Jersey ($15,691) and the District of Columbia ($14,324). These are not, by any stretch of the imagination, good school systems. If you really want results, then empower parents to make choices for their kids, and eliminate the unions that turn schools into pre-retirement homes for untenured academics.

Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    Adding insult to injury, kids had to walk in six feet of snow while barefoot. My dad reminded me of this anytime I complained about walking to school. :D
    And, we had to wrap our bare feet in barbed wire so that we wouldn't slip on the ice. And we liked it! :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

So I said last Friday (after reading that letter), only HALF-facetiously, that every time I have a scheduling conflict that makes it difficult to drop my son off at school at 9:05 in the morning, I'm going to drive him up to the door of one of these houses with the "Vote No on 7" signs in the yard and tell them, "Here. YOU drive him to school today. Hope you choke on your 15 bucks, Asshole."
    Just like a DUmmie. Willing to put their kids in harms way just to make a political point.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Ok...when you want to try this I'm game.
    I would look forward to the day. It would also be a day the DUmmie would remember vividly for the rest of his life.

The bottom line is this country is OUT of money and nobody wants to take responsibility for this problem.
    THERE IS NO MORE MONEY..... so guess what schools and other government agencies have to spend more wisely or cuts have to forced on it....

WE DO NOT MONEY TO THROW AT UNIONS ANYMORE.... when are you going to realize this and come together and make our government live within its means.

Everyone is arguing oh we can not cut this and we can not cut that... SOMETHING HAS GOT TO BE CUT PERIOD...

Now i am perfectly willing to let the people vote on what to cut and go along with majority of whatever means but the BOTTOM LINE IS THE GOVERNMENT COSTS TOO MUCH TO RUN

If you really want results, then empower parents to make choices for their kids, and eliminate the unions that turn schools into pre-retirement homes for untenured academics.
    Michelle Rhee tried that for the D.C. Schools and Mayor Fenty supported her and look where that got both of them.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Just like a DUmmie. Willing to put their kids in harms way just to make a political point.
    I'd happily drive the kid to school...why punish the kid for their parents stupidity.

Might even end up teaching the kid a valuable lesson.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Ok...when you want to try this I'm game.
    LOL, yeah, me too!
    It's kind of like a few years ago, when one of the DUmmies announced it was "National Kick a Republican in the Nuts Day," then a lot of us retorted by basically saying, "Looks like it coincides with "National Put a DUmmy in the Emergency Room Day."

"RKP5637 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun May-15-11 12:55 AM
    Response to Original message
    3. What these butt heads don't get is this is a country, not a corporation. The
    balance sheets are different."
    Butt heads? I was unaware that Biff Tannen was a DUmmy, though I suppose it makes sense (With my CU handle, I couldn't resist putting in a "BTTF" reference to that post).

In answer to the first DUmmy's complaining, I'd have to echo the response that that's what carpooling's for. At the first open- house or teacher/ parent event, just attempt to make friends with another parent who lives near you and the school and ask if they wouldn't mind taking your kid to school along with theirs.

eagleexpress
    Smack away DUmmy but don't cry from your hospital bed when you get smacked back :p

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    ChoppinBroccoli Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun May-15-11 12:43 AM
    Original message
    I Want To Smack Every Teabagger I See
    Good luck finding a self-identified "teabagger", other than in the gay community.

That slur on the tea party has had its 15 seconds of fame, if it ever had any to begin with it.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender