Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Kindergarten is required by law. It's really important.

Also, I've researched the standard course of study where I'm at. Kids learn a lot more in Kindergarten today than we ever did when we were kids. I wouldn't advise "skipping" Kindergarten. In any case, a grade school is not just grade K.
    Kindergarten is not mandatory in Colorado nor in a lot of other states. While schools feel the need to shovel lessons into 4 and 5 year olds, there's good research showing that this may not be such a hot idea. A 7 year old brain is lot better at organizing and accessing information than a 5 year old brain is.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    :eek:

Must. Resist. Comment.
    Now, now... Don't get cranky. I have milk and cookies in the orderly room and some nice, warm blankets... Oh, and single-malt scotch for after duty hours. :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Kindergarten is not mandatory in Colorado nor in a lot of other states. While schools feel the need to shovel lessons into 4 and 5 year olds, there's good research showing that this may not be such a hot idea. A 7 year old brain is lot better at organizing and accessing information than a 5 year old brain is.
    Kindergarten is mostly about getting kids socialized so that they can sit still for future schooling. Anything before that is really just day-care.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!