Thread: Monday Thread

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1 Monday Thread 
    Senior Member jendf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,693
    Did someone drop the ball on a Monday thread? Or did I miss it?

    Last night, I got up to go to the bathroom and in my dream-like state, walked right into the door frame. It was awesome. And by awesome, I mean excruciating.

    This morning, I have a bruise the size of a half-dollar on the back of my right hand and if I touch it I yelp. It's slightly swollen. I can move all my fingers but in gripping my steering wheel and computer mouse, I've been a little shaky.

    TOTD: Did I break a bone in my hand? Or just whack it really good? Discuss. :D
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    It's finally over 60F and I got most of my tomatoes in. Sadly. temps look to drop over the next couple of days. This global warming is a bitch.

    TOTD: From tragic personal experience, you can't tell. Flexing your hands/fingers won't reveal a break and I know whereof I speak here. Go get it looked at. If you are wrong and it is a break, they will just charge you to rebreak it if it isn't right.

    If it's not a break, just wrap it and use heat now since your 24 hour window is over. :(
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,849
    Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post

    TOTD: Did I break a bone in my hand? Or just whack it really good? Discuss. :D
    You broke a blood vessel.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,895
    Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    I...walked right into the door frame.
    What hit first...your nose or your boobs? :eek: :D
    Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    if I touch it I yelp.
    Like they say...then don't touch it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member jendf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    TOTD: From tragic personal experience, you can't tell. Flexing your hands/fingers won't reveal a break and I know whereof I speak here. Go get it looked at. If you are wrong and it is a break, they will just charge you to rebreak it if it isn't right.

    If it's not a break, just wrap it and use heat now since your 24 hour window is over. :(
    I would have thought I would be in more pain if something was actually broken. That's interesting that I might not. Thanks for the info.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor
    You broke a blood vessel.
    Yeah, I kind of figured that when I saw the giant bruise. :D

    Quote Originally Posted by JB
    What hit first...your nose or your boobs?
    While I don't remember the exact impact points, my only noticeable injury is my hand. Maybe I was covering my boobs? Subconsciously protecting the assets? :D
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Resident Grandpa marv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    3,016
    Mid sixties here, almost like an autum afternoon. Clear blue sky.

    TOTD: None here, still mourning the loss of Sable.

    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

    THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,860
    Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post



    While I don't remember the exact impact points, my only noticeable injury is my hand. Maybe I was covering my boobs? Subconsciously protecting the assets? :D
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,895
    Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    Maybe I was covering my boobs? Subconsciously protecting the assets? :D
    You passed the test then. Well done.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •