Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 " 'A Day Without Yesterday': Monsignor Georges Lemaître & the Big Bang " 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    In January 1933, the Belgian mathematician and Catholic priest Georges Lemaitre traveled with Albert Einstein to California for a series of seminars. After the Belgian detailed his Big Bang theory, Einstein stood up applauded, and said, “This is the most beautiful and satisfactory explanation of creation to which I have ever listened.”

In the winter of 1998, two separate teams of astronomers in Berkeley, California, made a similar, startling discovery. They were both observing supernovae – exploding stars visible over great distances – to see how fast the universe is expanding. In accordance with prevailing scientific wisdom, the astronomers expected to find the rate of expansion to be decreasing, Instead they found it to be increasing – a discovery which has since "shaken astronomy to its core" (Astronomy, October 1999).

"Most of us know that when a star of sufficient mass reaches the end of its fuel burning days gravity causes its photosphere to collapses onto it's core and 'bounce' several times .

As this photosphere compresses into a kind of 'nuclear soup' compressed protron,neutrons and electrons all flow together compressed into one of the most powerful 'gravity beast' in the universe..a singularity.."

"Creation was an 'point source' singularity ' .In mathematics, a point source is a singularity from which flux or flow is emanating .Creation was the GOD created point source' singularity,a new day without an yesterday !!"

http://www.catholiceducation.org/art...ce/sc0022.html

In fact, this had been theoretically discovered even earlier. Albert Einstein, who is considered the greatest scientist of the century, had concluded after the calculations he made in theoretical physics that the universe could not be static. However, he had laid his discovery to rest simply not to conflict with the widely recognised static universe model of his time. Later on, Einstein was to identify his act as 'the greatest mistake of his career'. Subsequently, it became definite by Hubble's observations that the universe expands.
    Whole article here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Why would Einstein say:
    "Einstein stood up applauded, and said, “This is the most beautiful and satisfactory explanation of creation to which I have ever listened.”"

Your sources are interesting,Have you converted to Islam ?

"The expansion of the universe is one of the most important pieces of evidence that the universe was created out of nothing. Although this fact was not discovered by science until the 20th century, Allah has informed us of this reality in the Qur'an revealed 1,400 years ago:

"It is We who have built the universe with (Our creative) power, and, verily, it is We who are steadily expanding it." [Az-Zariyat 51:47]"

The amusing thing is that the physicist who says that the universe was created from nothing, i.e., the Big Bang, is the same physicist who will tell you that the creation of something from nothing violates the laws of physics.

Update: There was no Big Bang. There was no creation. Everything has always been here.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    The amusing thing is that the physicist who says that the universe was created from nothing, i.e., the Big Bang, is the same physicist who will tell you that the creation of something from nothing violates the laws of physics.

Update: There was no Big Bang. There was no creation. Everything has always been here.
    Except the universe wasn't created from nothing. It was a super dense entity that rapidly expanded and diluted itself into what we now call the universe.

Now where that material came from? *shrugs* We're still working on that. :p
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    The amusing thing is that the physicist who says that the universe was created from nothing, i.e., the Big Bang...
    That is not part of the big bang theory.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Except the universe wasn't created from nothing. It was a super dense entity that rapidly expanded and diluted itself into what we now call the universe.

Now where that material came from? *shrugs* We're still working on that. :p
    Dogmatic Atheism and Scientific Ignorance on the hoof again young Mr.Jones ?Perhaps you're a Deist and not a real Athiest ? Speaking from your vast experience Jones where do you think all of the matter came from ?

Your input makes just about as much sense as a young school age childs view of the stars .The key question is where all of the energy came from ? Before creation space as such didn't exist,there was no energy,matter,light...nothing .Creation was a 'point source' of infinite energy that expanded and 'grew' space as it expanded .Think of the reverse of an infinite point source singularty expanding from nothingness to an explosively expanding plasma of stupendous energy changing into matter as it grows .....BTW I assume that you knew that matter is a different form of energy and visa versa ?

" rapidly expanded and diluted" now just what does that mean ? Do you mean like water vapour rising from a steam kettle that fogs your glasses ?What causes it to expand,What is a "super dense' entity" ?Are yor refering to a 'black hole' if so where did that come from ?...By way of an explanation...To expand means to grows larger.To dilute means to thin or weaken....Words have meanings so would you care to fill in the blanks young Mr.Jones ?

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Dogmatic Atheism and Scientific Ignorance on the hoof again young Mr.Jones ?Perhaps you're a Deist and not a real Athiest ? Speaking from your vast experience Jones where do you think all of the matter came from ?

Your input makes just about as much sense as a young school age childs view of the stars .The key question is where all of the energy came from ? Before creation space as such didn't exist,there was no energy,matter,light...nothing .Creation was a 'point source' of infinite energy that expanded and 'grew' space as it expanded .Think of the reverse of an infinite point source singularty expanding from nothingness to an explosively expanding plasma of stupendous energy changing into matter as it grows .....BTW I assume that you knew that matter is a different form of energy and visa versa ?

" rapidly expanded and diluted" now just what does that mean ? Do you mean like water vapour rising from a steam kettle that fogs your glasses ?What causes it to expand,What is a "super dense' entity" ?Are yor refering to a 'black hole' if so where did that come from ?...By way of an explanation...To expand means to grows larger.To dilute means to thin or weaken....Words have meanings so would you care to fill in the blanks young Mr.Jones ?
    I'm not an astrophysicist Megi. I'm a weather forecaster working on a degree in Environmental Sciences. So I'll have to let you be dissapointed for now, because no, I cannot fill in the blanks at this time.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

You might be right, Marv. It seems physics, at least astrophysics is getting closer to that notion. Hawking is a lesser simulated voice in this field today. He is more like the grandparent you wheel into the room to watch the latest Sci-fi movie in 3D.

This is deep, but so is space, time, the universe, and god; at least according to most people who ponder such things outside of dogma:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y350oOiunf4
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I'm not an astrophysicist Megi. I'm a weather forecaster working on a degree in Environmental Sciences. So I'll have to let you be dissapointed for now, because no, I cannot fill in the blanks at this time.
    I'm not disapointed at all .It just reinforces my opinion of you as a bullshit artist !