Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Somebody has a case of the Mondays. :(
    Not at all .....I just tire of his vapid and trite nature .

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    No... what every second year college kid will tell you is that it is "speculated", notice that word, that all the matter is the universe today was collected at a single point. It is from that point that the "explosion" occured. Matter was not created from nothing. Something was there.

That is the THEORY.
    Jones have you actually read the Lemaître paper ?Do you have any understanding of it at all or just a bunch of talk ?

According to the Big Bang theory, the expansion of the observable universe began with the explosion of a single particle at a definite point in time. This startling idea first appeared in scientific form in 1931, in a paper by Georges Lemaître, a Belgian cosmologist and Catholic priest. The theory, accepted by nearly all astronomers today, was a radical departure from scientific orthodoxy in the 1930s. Many astronomers at the time were still uncomfortable with the idea that the universe is expanding. That the entire observable universe of galaxies began with a bang seemed preposterous.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Jones have you actually read the Lemaître paper ?Do you have any understanding of it at all or just a bunch of talk ?
    LOL Megs - who are you trying to fool here? Nobody here believes for a second you understand anything at all about physics.

I bet Lacarnut $50 no one here watched the video I posted.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

I bet Lacarnut $50 no one here watched the video I posted.
    I haven't as of yet. Youtube freezes my computer up at work.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I haven't as of yet. Youtube freezes my computer up at work.
    Must be global warming.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Must be global warming.
    No, we had the global warming switch off at work today.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Ok, I got about 4 minutes into that. Very interesting, but it is midnight. I did just do PT, right after an 8 hour shift where I had to deal with a range of issues from 40kt cross winds in the San Fransisco area, to fog in the Black Sea.

I'll try again tomorrow. :p

No, we had the global warming switch off at work today.
    Expect a call from Al Gore's publicist's agent's secretary's assistant's agent's publicist's secretary soon to notify you of your part in killing this planet by disrupting its inevitable warming with your carelessness. It's a good thing his hit teams wear Crocs or you wouldn't stand a chance when they skip at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    the Big Bang theory is about how the universe started, not about what was before it.

people can speculate about it, but it's not really part of the Theory.

also, the laws of physics don't apply "before "the Big Bang, they only apply to our universe, which didn't exist pre-Big Bang ;)
    That being one of the failings of the big bang theories. It is incomplete and doesn't account for initial conditions.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis