Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    No... what every second year college kid will tell you is that it is "speculated", notice that word, that all the matter is the universe today was collected at a single point. It is from that point that the "explosion" occured. Matter was not created from nothing. Something was there.

That is the THEORY.
    Actually the theory states that in the beginning was an infinitely dense/ infinitely hot point of energy, a singularity, that for reasons unknown because unstable and expanded with matter resulting as the condensation from the energy as it cooled. What the theory fails to explain is what gave rise to the singularity and why did it become unstable. Did in sit there for eons and the suddenly become unstable and expand or was it created by something else and was unstable to begin with?

Science is not capable at this time to answer those questions.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Actually the theory states that in the beginning was an infinitely dense/ infinitely hot point of energy, a singularity, that for reasons unknown because unstable and expanded with matter resulting as the condensation from the energy as it cooled. What the theory fails to explain is what gave rise to the singularity and why did it become unstable. Did in sit there for eons and the suddenly become unstable and expand or was it created by something else and was unstable to begin with?

Science is not capable at this time to answer those questions.
    Of course, the difficulty in thinking about the problem, is that time probably did not exist "before" the singularity... so words like "eon", and "before" simply make no sense. Our intuitions seem hopelessly inept at imagining timelessness.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Of course, the difficulty in thinking about the problem, is that time probably did not exist "before" the singularity... so words like "eon", and "before" simply make no sense. Our intuitions seem hopelessly inept at imagining timelessness.
    And that is why people have difficulty with the concept of God.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis