Thread: Subject: VA and Concealed Carry .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Subject: VA and Concealed Carry . 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    GUN OWNERS YOU HAVE TO READ THIS-BIG BROTHER IS AT THE VA HOSPITALS..PASS THIS ALONG AT ONCE
    by Lippman-Enterprises on Sunday, May 15, 2011 at 9:37am

Subject: VA and Concealed Carry

Please pass this on to all the other retired guys and gun owners...Thanks From a Vietnam Vet and retired Police Officer:

I had a doctors appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found out something very interesting that I would like to pass along.

While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the end of the exam,
    three questions :
    1 . Did I feel stressed?
    2. Did I feel threatened?
    3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?

The nurse then informed me, that if I had answered yes to any of the questions, I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to Homeland Security. Looks like they are going after the vets first. Other gun people, like retired law enforcement will probably be next. Then when they go after the civilians, what argument will they have? Be forewarned and be aware. The Obama administration has gone on record as considering veterans and gun owners potential terrorists. Whether you are a gun owner veteran or not, you've been warned.. If you know veterans and gun owners, please pass this on to them.

Be Very cautious about what you say and to whom.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/lippm...87309971321413

This was debunked a couple years ago.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...est-permit.htm

http://www.moaablogs.org/battleofthe...g_gun_permits/

And were it true, it would not be Lounge material.
    Last edited by djones520; 05-16-2011 at 05:41 PM.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    This was debunked a couple years ago.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...est-permit.htm

http://www.moaablogs.org/battleofthe...g_gun_permits/

And were it true, it would not be Lounge material.
    When was the last time you went to the VA junior?I was there yesterday and they had a whole series of questions about my private life and and my social habits including gun ownership .
    As for placement where else do we post firearms topics ?Perhaps you should clear it with snapper before you pass any judgement !:D

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    When was the last time you went to the VA junior?I was there yesterday and they had a whole series of questions about my private life and and my social habits including gun ownership .
    As for placement where else do we post firearms topics ?Perhaps you should clear it with snapper before you pass any judgement !:D
    Megi...

Fire arm topics will have their own forum soon enough. In the meantime, discussions regarding political issues like this will not take place in the Lounge. They never have, and they never will.

Now, if you would read the links I provided you, they would show that the information is not passed along like is falsely asserted, so you have nothing to worry about.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Megi...

Fire arm topics will have their own forum soon enough. In the meantime, discussions regarding political issues like this will not take place in the Lounge. They never have, and they never will.

Now, if you would read the links I provided you, they would show that the information is not passed along like is falsely asserted, so you have nothing to worry about.
    The topic was the VA asking about gun ownership . We have posting firearm related issues in the lounge long before you dropped in .You are becoming a major pain in my ass Jones .You seem to go out of your way to plague me and If That be the case so be it.

I have no respect for you or any of your social or political views.as for your maturity you are a foolish child with much to learn.You use your petty position to intimidate and dictate to long time board members and exhibit your petty discrimination with just about everything I post.

I will continue to post here if just to agrevate you .You seem to have the strange idea that the role of a mod.is to control and belittle board members and force your opinion onto them but Where I come from that is for children not grown men.I was serving my country in Westpak while your father was crapping his pants so don't go all military service on me.

The topic was the VA asking about gun ownership . We have posting firearm related issues in the lounge long before you dropped in .You are becoming a major pain in my ass Jones .You seem to go out of your way to plague me and If That be the case so be it.

I have no respect for you or any of your social or political views.as for your maturity you are a foolish child with much to learn.You use your petty position to intimidate and dictate to long time board members and exhibit your petty discrimination with just about everything I post.

I will continue to post here if just to agrevate you .You seem to have the strange idea that the role of a mod.is to control and belittle board members and force your opinion onto them but Where I come from that is for children not grown men.I was serving my country in Westpak while your father was crapping his pants so don't go all military service on me.
    Your space bar is broken. Might want to get that fixed.

As always Megi, you got a problem with a call I make as a moderator, please feel free to take it to an Admin. In the mean time, any material that you post that does not belong in the forum you post it to, I will move it to the appropriate forum.

While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the end of the exam, [/B]three questions :

1. Did I feel stressed?
    2. Did I feel threatened?
    3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?

The nurse then informed me, that if I had answered yes to any of the questions, I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to Homeland Security.
    I can verify this is mostly true. Just a few months ago I drove my son over to the Big Spring, TX VA clinic to be seen with a knee injury. The triage nurse asked those 3 specific questions. And she did go on to tell us that if he had answered yes to any of those, particularly since he was fresh off active duty, that they would not have been able to let him leave the building without a psychological exam and it would be turned in to Homeland Security etc. I'm not sure if it would automatically have resulted in losing your concealed carry permit on the spot, she didn't mention that, but it sounds like you don't ever want to answer yes to any of those questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    I can verify this is mostly true. Just a few months ago I drove my son over to the Big Spring, TX VA clinic to be seen with a knee injury. The triage nurse asked those 3 specific questions. And she did go on to tell us that if he had answered yes to any of those, particularly since he was fresh off active duty, that they would not have been able to let him leave the building without a psychological exam and it would be turned in to Homeland Security etc. I'm not sure if it would automatically have resulted in losing your concealed carry permit on the spot, she didn't mention that, but it sounds like you don't ever want to answer yes to any of those questions.
    Thanks Kay for the backup but Young Mr.Jones has his little pointy head all made up ,What a place !

Your space bar is broken. Might want to get that fixed.

As always Megi, you got a problem with a call I make as a moderator, please feel free to take it to an Admin. In the mean time, any material that you post that does not belong in the forum you post it to, I will move it to the appropriate forum.
    Not to worry about my space bar jones.I tend to mostly work around you if possible and I'm well aware of what I am able to do .I find that your mod style is counter productive to happy membership and board freedom .I fear it would be your views or nothing if you had absolute sway here .

Not to worry about my space bar jones.I tend to mostly work around you if possible and I'm well aware of what I am able to do .I find that your mod style is counter productive to happy membership and board freedom .I fear it would be your views or nothing if you had absolute sway here .
    Well, since my views usually include treating everyone equally, I doubt you'd have much to worry about. ;)

If you'd like though, I'll apologize for shuffling your posts around. I'm sorry if it upsets you. But I'm still gonna do it when it's warranted.