Thread: Isn't this playing the race card?

1. #1 Isn't this playing the race card? 
    link

Fuzz Donating Member (1000+ posts) Mon May-16-11 09:22 PM
    Original message
    Isn't this playing the race card?

Herman Cain: 'They're Going to Come After Me More Viciously Than They Would a White Candidate'

Cain believes his audiences are a different story. "The voters, they hear my message first, not 'He could take it to Obama,' because they are more concerned about stopping Obama than taking it to Obama," he explained. "This is what I'm hearing and this is what I'm feeling. And the race card is going to be short-lived if Herman Cain gets the nomination."

But wouldn't liberals and Democrats still find a racially-based way to attack Cain? They certainly found a way to attack Clarence Thomas, the black, conservative Supreme Court justice.

"They're going to come after me more viciously than they would a white candidate," Cain responded.

http://nation.foxnews.com/herman-cain/2011/05/16/herman...
    I don't know enough about Cain to have an opinion as to whether he would be a good candidate/President or not, but the irony is quite remarkable. Their selective amnesia is also remarkable.
    blondeatlast Donating Member (1000+ posts) Mon May-16-11 09:26 PM
    Response to Original message
    4. It will never register in their narrow little minds and worldviews,

but NOBODY objected to Clarence Thomas because he was African-American. He was (and is) reviled because he's a smarmy, lowlife little do-nothing turd.

You could replace Clarence Thomas in that sentence with Jan Brewer and it would be just as accurate. Think about it.
    MadMaddie (1000+ posts) Mon May-16-11 09:33 PM
    5. Umm we attacked Clarence Thomas because he is not

qualified to be in his position and he sexually harrassed a lot of women. He is a pig who happens to be black.

Herman Cain is talking out of his ass. If he wants to spout the talking points of the Koch Brothers more power to him, then he better man up and get ready to be taken to task.

This is race baiting even asking the question, Faux is worried that Cain is weak so they are trying to put the story in peoples minds so it will happen.
    So attacking someone because "he's not qualified to be in his position" consists of overt racial slurs.

And anyone who is a conservative is "spouting the talking points of the Koch Brothers"? That may sway liberals (who don't need anything to sway them), but it won't do anything to swing voters and conservatives who see what the Democrat party has done to the US in the past 4 years.
    Drale (1000+ posts) Mon May-16-11 09:38 PM
    6. Because its liberals who hate Barack Obama because he's black right?

Thomas belongs pushing up daisies, not on the Supreme court. A terrible job like pushing up daises, would teach him the meaning being an American.
    Good analogy. Conservatives don't hate Cain or Thomas and they are black. Therefore we don't hate Obama because he is black. We "hate" him because of his policies.
    Ikonoklast Donating Member (1000+ posts) Mon May-16-11 10:10 PM
    7. I disliked his dumb ass before I even knew his race.

I didn't know he was Black until I saw his pic.

And as far as playing 'The Race Card', he just did, the dope.
    Oh the irony when the shoe is on the other foot.

I have a very distinct memory of Obama saying something similar and the libs defending him.

Normally I'd disapprove and criticize Cain for saying this, but if it's good enough for Obama I guess who am I to complain. Precedent and all that........

Thomas isn't qualified to be a USSC justice?

Yet anyone who pointed out Obummer's lack of experience to be president was a racist.

"It will never register in their narrow little minds and worldviews,

but NOBODY objected to Clarence Thomas because he was African-American."
    Oh, please!
    The tolerant, enlightened, totally- not- racist libs slung all manner of racist slurs at Thomas.
    The black liberal magazine Emerge ran an issue which had as its cover a caricature of Thomas as a grinning lawn jockey with the title "Uncle Thomas: Lawn Jockey of the Far Right," with the article's accompanying illustration showing a grinning Thomas shining Antonin Scalia's shoes.
    The late federal judge Leon Higginbotham claimed that Thomas specialized in "Uncle Tom Justice."
    Syndicated columnist Julianne Malveaux said that she hopes Thomas's wife "feeds him lots of eggs and butter and he dies early, like many black men do, of heart disease.”
    Other tolerant, enlightened, totally- not- racist liberals showered Thomas with such terms of endearment as "Race Traitor" (A favorite term for liberals to use when referring to anyone belonging to a racial minority who expresses conservative sentiments, and a term which was first coined by the Nazis), "A black snake," "A colored lawn jockey for conservative white interests," "Handkerchief head," "House Negro," and "chicken-and-biscuit-eating Uncle Tom."

Compare this to the DUmmies and other ultra- liberals playing the race card every chance they get, falsely accusing Tea Partiers of racism, and generally accusing anyone who disagrees with any of Obama's policies as being an evil racist who hates black people.

The following remarks made me laugh out loud:

It will never register in their narrow little minds and worldviews,

but NOBODY objected to Clarence Thomas because he was African-American. He was (and is) reviled because he's a smarmy, lowlife little do-nothing turd.

You could replace Clarence Thomas in that sentence with Jan Brewer and it would be just as accurate. Think about it.
    Or with Bill Clinton as well, right?

Umm we attacked Clarence Thomas because he is not

qualified to be in his position and he sexually harrassed a lot of women.
    However, Bill Clinton sexually harassed a lot of women and yet you libtards elected him President for 2 terms.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Fabulous Poster
    I was under the impression that the major objection to Clarence Thomas and Condi Rice was that they were black people who had benefited from Democratic Party ideology on racial justice and policy who were selling themselves out to the racist Republican Party for prestige.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I was under the impression that the major objection to Clarence Thomas and Condi Rice was that they were black people who had benefited from Democratic Party ideology on racial justice and policy who were selling themselves out to the racist Republican Party for prestige.
    Condi Rice grew up in Bull Connor's Birmingham. I can see how that would make you hostile to Democrats if you are black.

BS. If Herman Cain becomes a serious candidate, they will bring out all the "Uncle Tom" and "race traitor" comments, but a few of them will come from black posters which in the minds of the white posters will make it OK.