1. #1 Jerry Lewis Retiring From MDA Telethon In September 
    After 45 years, Jerry Lewis is retiring as host of the Muscular Dystrophy Association’s Labor Day telethon.

The 85-year-old comedian and Las Vegas resident issued a statement Monday through the Tucson, Ariz.-based Muscular Dystrophy Association calling it time for a “new telethon era.”

He says he’ll make his final appearance on the six-hour primetime telethon Sept. 4 by performing his song “You’ll Never Walk Alone.”

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/...-in-september/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

45 years! Boy I remember watching the very first one with my mother and sister.
    We only had 3 channels back in that day. Over the last couple of decades I have
    to admit I don't think I've watched it once. It got buried in the mass of cable and
    satellite choices. I had almost forgotten about it till I saw this post.

Happy retirement Jerry.
    God bless you for all the good works that have come from it over the years.

What's kind of sad is that 45 years on, we still haven't cured it. This is no put down of Lewis, just a sad observation.

What will he do with that extra week every year? He had a better gig than teachers!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    What's kind of sad is that 45 years on, we still haven't cured it. This is no put down of Lewis, just a sad observation.
    Wow, I hadn't thought of it in those terms.
    Very sad indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

It's not curable.

The research that has been done with the money his foundation has raised has led to better treatment, and will eventually lead to identifying couples with the genetic potential to produce children with MD, so the carriers of the gene will be able to make better informed choices about bringing biological children into the world.

The sad thing is, that with all the work he's done for this foundation, he is bar none the biggest asshole in the history of show business. I know people who have met him and they say he's such an incredible dick that it boggles the mind.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.