Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The new bulbs will also be expensive — about $50 each — so the development may not prevent consumers from hoarding traditional bulbs.
    that's me. ive already bought a shit load of the conventional type in diff size's. and still adding on.

CFL's have toxic merc. "dispose of properly"

How many Democrats does it take to change a light bulb?

Only one, but the bulb has got to really WANT to change
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

I'm basically waiting for bright LED bulbs. I hate bridge technology and there's no way that CFLs make sense for me either from a practical standpoint or from an aesthetic one. When they get the right output and color, I'll convert everything. LEDs make much more sense than CFLs in terms of efficiency and lifespan.

Until then, I'll rest easy on my incandescent hoard. :)

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110516/...9saXN0BHNsawNs

stupid AP :(

good old incandecent lightblubs are being banned at the end of the year, however their most viable replacement's aren't that great and the LED version will cost $50:eek:
    These new energy eff. ones they are pushing are toxic as hell and not every where has means to dispose of them properly. (IE Where I live) In addition they are meant to be left on, not turned on and off a lot. As that shortens their life span. So I see these going away in time.

The old bulbs, love them/hate them, can't do away with them completely, and silly they try. There will always be a need for them.

The new LED bulbs, pricey at $50, but take in mind, they last 7 years min. We use them already in our store, as they are cheap as hell on elec. and our utility bills would shock people here. And in time, that price will come down some. With an average old fashion bulb lasting about 370 days at a cost of about $.50 a pop on the cheap side, where the LED ones average $7.14 per year break down on the same life span, its pricey. But like I said, that will come down as more companies produce them, and tech brings that price down as well. And like I've said, we have them in our store, and they are in ways brighter then the old bulbs, with a fraction of the energy use.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

I've been stockpiling 100 watt bulbs for a while. The 100 and larger bulbs are going to be the first they stop manufactoring.

This reminds me of the Seinfeld "Sponge" episode.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

the links say 100W. is that all?? do they come in diff wattages???

years ago i changed all my lamps over to 3 way. 30-70-100W. and at night we use mainly the 30W

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I've been stockpiling 100 watt bulbs for a while. The 100 and larger bulbs are going to be the first they stop manufactoring.

This reminds me of the Seinfeld "Sponge" episode.
    same here. but the 100's are in my garage. not inside.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I'm basically waiting for bright LED bulbs. I hate bridge technology and there's no way that CFLs make sense for me either from a practical standpoint or from an aesthetic one. When they get the right output and color, I'll convert everything. LEDs make much more sense than CFLs in terms of efficiency and lifespan.

Until then, I'll rest easy on my incandescent hoard. :)
    I found the very low wattage DC lighting in my trailer to be more than adequate. As a seasonal "camper" I also had some AC lights in there, and nothing built -in compared to the riot light needed when sewing or working on a fine motor repair, but for reading, cooking, and everyday living the DC lights were fine. I love trailers.

Fabulous Poster
    Make it illegal for anyone born after 1964 to use air conditioning. Problem solved for fifty years.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Make it illegal for anyone born after 1964 to use air conditioning. Problem solved for fifty years.
    I don't use it now. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I don't use it now. :p
    But you don't live in Florida either.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis