Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Facebook-Loving Couple Names Baby "Like" 
    Facebook-Loving Couple Names Baby "Like"

Share 0diggsdigg
    Facebook Inspires Baby's Name

Think you like Facebook? Think again.

An Israeli couple likes Facebook so much that they named their newborn daughter "Like." You know as in the like icon on the popular Palo Alto-based social-networking site.

"To me it is important to give my children names that are not used anywhere else, at least not in Israel," the father told the German Press Agency dpa."If once people gave Biblical names and that was the icon, then today [the Facebook Like] is one of the most famous icons in the world."

Like is Lior and Vardit Adler's third child. The other two are named Dvash (Hebrew for "Honey") and Pie.
    When Facebook inevitably gives way to the Next Big Thing, they're going to be in trouble.

NBC Bay Area

I swear to god child services should take children from these types of people.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I can here it now: "So like Like and I like wanna go see this movie we like and like Like's mom goes ' I don't like Like going to those sorts of movies,' and Like's like, 'Mom, like I like them!' and she goes, 'Like, you aren't old enough to see it,' so Like says to me, 'Sorry, Farmville, like I can't go."
    Last edited by Articulate_Ape; 05-17-2011 at 02:31 PM.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I can here it now: "So like Like and I like wanna go see this movie we like and like Like's mom goes ' I don't like Like going to those sorts of movies,' and Like's like, 'Mom, like I like them!' and she goes, 'Like, you aren't old enough to see it,' so Like says to me, 'Sorry, Farmville, like I can't go."
    That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

There is a road in Oahu called the Likelike Highway (pronounced Leaky Leaky). My ex-MIL called it the 'Like Like Highway'. That always cracked us up.

OK. I return you now back to the actual thread.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Like will inevitably be followed by Dislike and then his retarded half-brother Comment.

Excellent.

Especially the kid named Farmville. :D

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Especially the kid named Farmville. :D
    Or "Poke".
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

PFAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHHAAAA!!!!
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

They could have gone with Zuckerberg.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ