Thread: Israelis to get X-band early warning radar, but not allowed to operate it

1. #1 Israelis to get X-band early warning radar, but not allowed to operate it 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    U.S. To Deploy Radar, Troops in Israel Move Called Safeguard Against Iran Missile Threat

Israelis to get X-band early warning radar, but not allowed to operate it
    Tel Aviv - As part of extensive, bilateral preparations against the growing threat from Iran, the Pentagon wants to deploy one of its powerful X-Band radars in Israel, along with personnel from U.S. European Command to operate the long-range early warning system.

shows three missiles rising into the air as a forth remains in the launcher on the ground during a test-firing in an undisclosed location in the Iranian desert on July 9. (AFP) U.S. and Israeli sources said the ground-based radar and supporting troops could arrive here early next year, perhaps even sooner if they are to participate in a late autumn milestone test of the Arrow weapon system, as some here have proposed.

Moreover, sources here said the Pentagon has agreed to link the radar - the same AN-TPY-2 system now in Japan - into the U.S. Joint Tactical Ground Station (JTAGS) to improve cueing of defending interceptors.

According to officials and experts here, the JTAGS will remain in Europe, where they receive direct downlinks from the U.S. constellation of Defense Support Program satellites. However, the two governments are arranging for the near instantaneous feed of JTAGS cueing data back to the U.S.-operated radar in Israel.

In parallel, U.S. data will stream into Israel's Citron Tree battle management system, a key element linking Israel's Super Green Pine early warning radar with U.S.-Israel anti-missile interceptors.

"The X-Band will be transferred not as an organic part of the Israeli homeland defense, but as a permanent deployment of U.S. capabilities and personnel to a site within Israel, which then connects to the homeland defense network via an interoperability node," an Israeli defense expert here said.
    http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i=3678999

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Okay. I am far from an expert on military matters and foreign policy, but Iran is reportedly laying mines in the Persian Gulf, and we are putting in advanced radar and coordinating on command and control stuff with Israel,.... it sounds like things are getting very very dangerous over there. I mean, even more dangerous than usual....
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Okay. I am far from an expert on military matters and foreign policy, but Iran is reportedly laying mines in the Persian Gulf, and we are putting in advanced radar and coordinating on command and control stuff with Israel,.... it sounds like things are getting very very dangerous over there. I mean, even more dangerous than usual....
    The mining of the gulf is a preamble to war.The IRANIANS expect an attack soon and will extend the mine field to block shipping when or just before the shooting starts.The Radar and up_link tie the Israeli air defense system into the ABM system in place in Japan via satellite up link .The 'X'band radar is for ABM missile fire control guidance .The systems already in place are substantial,the Navy Aegis system ships have moved into position to shoot down any scuds launched towards Israel.There are E2C hawkeyes patrols at sea and on land in Israel watching for any military build up or missile launches from Syria and Lebanon .

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    The mining of the gulf is a preamble to war.The IRANIANS expect an attack soon and will extend the mine field to block shipping when or just before the shooting starts.The Radar and up_link tie the Israeli air defense system into the ABM system in place in Japan via satellite up link .The 'X'band radar is for ABM missile fire control guidance .The systems already in place are substantial,the Navy Aegis system ships have moved into position to shoot down any scuds launched towards Israel.There are E2C hawkeyes patrols at sea and on land in Israel watching for any military build up or missile launches from Syria and Lebanon .

Oh shit. I mean...there really isn't anything more apporpriate to say. I mean. Oh shit.

Oh shit. I mean...there really isn't anything more apporpriate to say. I mean. Oh shit.
    Do you understand the information or are you frightened by the preparations being made ?

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Do you understand the information or are you frightened by the preparations being made ?
    Preparations sometimes, perhaps even always, preceed actions. I see Iran as a wild card. Who knows what they will do? My concern is that they seem to be driven by an ideology that has an apocalyptic element that is viewed in a positive manner. I tend to view an apocalypse an being the sort of thing I would like to avoid if possible.

I'm not sure who is in charge in Iran. I think that, if some of the extremist Islamist elements are running things, they are very dangerous. I think that all parties must tread carefully in this situation.

I also think that if the flag goes up in the middle east, no one truly knows what will happen. It could get out of hand in a hurry.

Preparations sometimes, perhaps even always, preceed actions. I see Iran as a wild card. Who knows what they will do? My concern is that they seem to be driven by an ideology that has an apocalyptic element that is viewed in a positive manner. I tend to view an apocalypse an being the sort of thing I would like to avoid if possible.

I'm not sure who is in charge in Iran. I think that, if some of the extremist Islamist elements are running things, they are very dangerous. I think that all parties must tread carefully in this situation.

I also think that if the flag goes up in the middle east, no one truly knows what will happen. It could get out of hand in a hurry.

I agree and as I understand it their apocalypse scriptures say their Mahdi won't come unless there is a full war happening that he will end and herald a new Islamic Shi'ite Caliphate.

The Mullahs are the theocracy's leaders but the president serves at the good graces of
    the leading mullah and follows his guidance.

It is very hard to say.Most countries in the region like Saudi Arabia or Kuwait.have little love for Iran and would be glad to see their leaders gone for stability and security reasons .