1. #1 Is Your Religion Your Financial Destiny? 
    Power CUer
    I'm an Episcopalian married to a Reform Jew. We're doing just fine.

"The economic differences among the country’s various religions are strikingly large, much larger than the differences among states and even larger than those among racial groups."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/15/ma...tiny.html?_r=1
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I think it's interesting that the article puts much more emphasis on discrimination than it does on culture. Jews are certainly much more discriminated against than Baptists, for instance.

It's interesting.

I'm just relieved this topic had nothing to do with the "prosperity gospel", which is one of those areas I'm having difficulty with Unity over (although they are not the only church that preaches it, and it's not a liberal vs conservative christian thing-Joel Osteen preaches it as does Pat Robertson, even if they don't use the term "prosperity gospel").

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It's interesting.

I'm just relieved this topic had nothing to do with the "prosperity gospel", which is one of those areas I'm having difficulty with Unity over (although they are not the only church that preaches it, and it's not a liberal vs conservative christian thing-Joel Osteen preaches it as does Pat Robertson, even if they don't use the term "prosperity gospel").
    A study of the people who practice 'blab it and grab it' and their actual incomes should be must interesting. The only ones who seem to receive the blessings of this doctrine are the people who preach it.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Overall, Protestants, who together are the country’s largest religious group, are poorer than average and poorer than Catholics.
    Woo-hoo. Poorer in spirit and now poorer in the pocketbook.