Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,301
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    You might want to get yourself brought up to speed on china dude.
    China's military is not the equal of the U.S. military right now.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13450316

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    China's military is not the equal of the U.S. military right now.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13450316
    in technology? no. But they make up for that lack of tech with sheer numbers.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    in technology? no. But they make up for that lack of tech with sheer numbers.
    sheer numbers do not make a superpower :p
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    sheer numbers do not make a superpower :p
    no but numbers and the ability to take us down economically kinda does.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,301
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    in technology? no. But they make up for that lack of tech with sheer numbers.
    To be a threat to the U.S. they would need to be able to get those shear numbers very quickly in to the theater of operation which, unless it is China itself, is not a strategically viable action.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,301
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    no but numbers and the ability to take us down economically kinda does.
    Then we nuke up and say "Oops, we were aiming at Russia. Our bad." :D

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Joke about it if you like - but you are grossly underestimating the Chinese.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Joke about it if you like - but you are grossly underestimating the Chinese.
    I'm not underestimating them, they are dangerous and they have nukes, BUT they are still not a Great Power let alone a Super Power, they are an extremely powerful regional power. They can take on Taiwan, Korea, SE Asian countries, but they would have a hard time with Japan and Australia
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I'm not underestimating them, they are dangerous and they have nukes, BUT they are still not a Great Power let alone a Super Power, they are an extremely powerful regional power. They can take on Taiwan, Korea, SE Asian countries, but they would have a hard time with Japan and Australia
    Ya think so huh?

    http://www.rense.com/general85/chin.htm

    http://www.atimes.com/atimes/China/IF28Ad01.html

    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-124307-7370r/
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    whats your point? they are still a regional power, they may be sticking their tentacles out and trying to bootstrap themselves higher, but thats all they are.

    their push to use criminal activities isn't a surprise, as it's better for them as they have limited resources to take us down as is, so they use ways to weaken us first, which they are succuseding, which is another reason to have a strong President that will stand up to this shit
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •