Thread: Mayor: 'I lied under oath'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Mayor: 'I lied under oath' 
    Patent Member
    Mayor: 'I lied under oath'
    Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, who will lose his job because he lied while under oath at a police whistle-blower trial, has just pledged to tell the truth as he prepares to admit his guilt as part of a plea deal he just struck with the Wayne County Prosecutor.

The deal calls for Kilpatrick to plead guilty to two felony counts of obstruction of justice by committing perjury, agreeing to serve four months in jail, pay up to $1 million in restitution, and serve five years' probation. He also agreed not to run for office during that five-year span.

noonwitch
    This is just regarding the perjury charges. There are still pending charges at a state level (filed by the Attorney General's office) regarding Kwame's assualt on a Wayne County Sheriff's officer and the associated obstruction of justice charge. The AG did have a deal on the table, but it expired yesterday.

And, as no one has of yet filed any charges regarding the dead stripper and the actual party held in the mansion, those charges can still be filed if any new evidence or witnesses surface. Once the acting mayor fires the current police chief, than Kwame can no longer use the DPD to keep witnesses quiet.

I don't know when he's technically out of office-the governor is supposed to be continuing her hearings into removal today, unless he has officially resigned. Rumors are that moving vans were at the mayor's mansion this morning.

The only bad thing about all this is that when the city council president takes over as temporary mayor, the new city council president will be Monica Conyers, at least until the feds indict her over the trash hauling contract scandal.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The only bad thing about all this is that when the city council president takes over as temporary mayor, the new city council president will be Monica Conyers, at least until the feds indict her over the trash hauling contract scandal.
    Makes you wonder how far down you would have to go to get past Kwame's Kronies. Maybe when they get to the building permit inspector they'll finally find a non-corrupt official.

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Makes you wonder how far down you would have to go to get past Kwame's Kronies. Maybe when they get to the building permit inspector they'll finally find a non-corrupt official.

Cops with over 7 years of seniority are probably not his cronies. Interestingly, the police chief announced her retirement within minutes of his plea. I guess she could read the writing on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Cops with over 7 years of seniority are probably not his cronies. Interestingly, the police chief announced her retirement within minutes of his plea. I guess she could read the writing on the wall.
    The biggest "ole boy" is now going to be bubba's bitch for four months. Wonder what the C.o.P. is hiding?

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    The biggest "ole boy" is now going to be bubba's bitch for four months. Wonder what the C.o.P. is hiding?
    They will put him in the country club for elected crooks in Conneticut so he will not get raped by big ralph !

And Zer-0 said:

“I want to first of all acknowledge your great Mayor, Kwame Kilpatrick, who has been on the front lines doing an outstanding job of gathering together the leadership at every level in Detroit to bring about the kind of renaissance that all of us anticipate for this great city.

And he is a leader not just here in Detroit, not just in Michigan, but all across the country people look to him.

We know that he is going to be doing astounding things for many years to come.

I’m grateful to call him a friend and a colleague, and I’m looking forward to a lengthy collaboration in terms of making sure Detroit does well in the future.”

This is yet another fine example of Mr. Obama’s famously keen judgement.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    And Zer-0 said:

By the end of today, Kwame will be throw under the bus as well... :D

'I lied under oath'

Seems to be the Mantra of the left, fing losers.

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    And Zer-0 said:

I wonder if there is any footage of McCain campaigning for or with Mark Foley or Larry Craig? Obama is not all that tight with Kwame, the Youtube video is of Obama introducing Kwame at an NAACP dinner. Kwame and his mother endorsed Hillary, so there's no love lost there.