Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    In case you hadn't figured it out yet, SHE is not running for President. Obama is.
    Well it is interesting how on one hand, Palin suddenly transforms the McCain ticket in a sort of messianic way (of Obama-like proportions).

Then on the other hand, she is just a VP and doesn't need any qualifications...

If shes so unimportant, why does she help McCains ticket so much? And if she is important, why doesn't she need the right qualifications?

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    "Our Presidential opponent has had the time to write 2 memoirs but not a single piece of legislation."

She's done it for me. I was weary of Mac for the longest and he's still not a real Conservative in my eyes, but with Palin there I can pull the lever now. What a great speach, seeing the McCain family on stage with the Palin family was awesome. Lets hear "President Planters" Jimmy Carter say McCain is "milking" his POW status again, I think Palin would floor him!:D
    Yep. And having 24 of the POW's there kind of ruins that meme that he's diminishing their service. Did you see Everett Alvarez during the role call? He looks fantastic.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Well it is interesting how on one hand, Palin suddenly transforms the McCain ticket in a sort of messianic way (of Obama-like proportions).

Then on the other hand, she is just a VP and doesn't need any qualifications...

If shes so unimportant, why does she help McCains ticket so much? And if she is important, why doesn't she need the right qualifications?

You're confused because you're mistaking the objective here. The objective is not necessarily to govern well, it's to get elected. And, in that, Palin appears to have hit the exactly correct chord in that she's injected a great deal of energy into the base, a base that might have just written McCain off as another Bob Dole.

In what I consider the best Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan movie, Joe Versus the Volcano, there's an early scene in the horrible, dungeon-like offices in which Joe works. The manager is on the phone, speaking loudly and repititively the following, creating an atmosphere of hopelessness...

Yeah, Harry, but can he do the
    job? I know he can get the
    job, but can he do the job?
    I'm not arguing that with you.
    I'm not arguing that with you.
    I'm not arguing that with you
    In a way, it's exactly the opposite here.

Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    And she did it in a nice way like only a hockey mom could. ;)
    And she did it with a wink. :D She was wonderful.

-20 points for referencing Meg Ryan there CW. eww......:D
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    You're confused because you're mistaking the objective here. The objective is not necessarily to govern well, it's to get elected.
    Ahh, yes how could I make that rookie mistake....

In a way, it's exactly the opposite here.
    One of my favorite movies as well.