Thread: Has Obama Just Kissed Off the 2012 Election?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Has Obama Just Kissed Off the 2012 Election? 
    He has called for Israel to retreat to the 1967 borders. That should turn his Jewish support hard-core against him. Their support counts for more than just their number of votes. That is a lot of money and campaign organization and media support that he won't be able to tap.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    well, he kicked it off a while ago,

here's a link that Levin just posted on his FB account
    http://www.jcpa.org/text/security/gold.pdf

It'll turn the hard core Jewish population against him in terms of votes and contributions, but if you check some entries over at William Jacobson's blog - Le-gal In-sur-rec-tion - you'll find that there is also a Jewish segment that is anti-Israel. Jacobson is not, he's pro-Israel, but he does report on the Jewish anti-Israelies.
    http://allenbwest.com/
    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg
    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Banned
    Most of his supporters are too busy sucking his dick to notice.

Short of outright nuking Tel Aviv, a vast majority of the Jewish vote will still be blindly pulling the donkey handle regardless of how badly Obama screws over Israel. Much is the pity....

ETA: and to some degree the mystery. I still can't figure out why Jews vote Democrat over and over again, after getting constantly ass-raped by them. One can start with turning away boatloads of Jewish refugees here in the '30s and go forward, and there is just a non-stop history of screw-over from Democrats, but Jews just turn out in droves to vote for them for some reason I just can't figure out.
    Last edited by Adam Wood; 05-19-2011 at 10:37 PM.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Short of outright nuking Tel Aviv, a vast majority of the Jewish vote will still be blindly pulling the donkey handle regardless of how badly Obama screws over Israel. Much is the pity....

ETA: and to some degree the mystery. I still can't figure out why Jews vote Democrat over and over again, after getting constantly ass-raped by them. One can start with turning away boatloads of Jewish refugees here in the '30s and go forward, and there is just a non-stop history of screw-over from Democrats, but Jews just turn out in droves to vote for them for some reason I just can't figure out.
    If they are voting I assume they are Americans so why shouldn't they be concerned about American interests? Why should another nation take precedent over their own?"

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    If they are voting I assume they are Americans so why shouldn't they be concerned about American interests? Why should another nation take precedent over their own?"
    Why would it be "taking precedent over" US interests? US interests are very much aligned with Israeli interests.

Why would it be "taking precedent over" US interests? US interests are very much aligned with Israeli interests.
    Always? I mean, there are nations whose interests are ours at times but not always. And Israel isn't even a NATO ally like say France who we have diplomatic conflicts with occassionally.

Why would a disagreement with Israel automatically mean we should bow to their wishes? Is that nation more important than ours?

Always?
    I didn't say "always." I specifically pointed out that Israel's interests frequently align with ours, not "always."
    I mean, there are nations whose interests are ours at times but not always. And Israel isn't even a NATO ally like say France who we have diplomatic conflicts with occassionally.
    You think that this is a "diplomatic conflict?" Well, if Germany were threatening to wipe France off the map and push all of the French into the sea, I guess that might be the case for something equivalent.
    Why would a disagreement with Israel automatically mean we should bow to their wishes? Is that nation more important than ours?
    Now you're just dreaming up strawmen. No one said that we should bow to their wishes nor did anyone say that Israel is more important than the US.

You think that this is a "diplomatic conflict?"
    Not even that, probably. The two state issue has been around for awhile (I think I remember Sec Rice talking about as the only viable solution and time was running out on it but I am not sure). The only thing really new that I could see was the Palestinian state having a border with Jordan. That piqued my interest. But other than that, Obama pretty much stayed in line with American policy; he reaffirmed our ties with Israel, made sure that the Palestinians knew the declaration of statehood would not get past the United States (Christ, we vetoed a mild settlement condemnation in the SC not long ago), and had strong words for the Palestinians that made it clear they continue to be seen as the impediment to a peaceful resolution due to their intransience on the issue of Israel being recognized as a Jewish homeland as well as a legitimate state.

Bibbi's response was posturing and the rightwing running in circles with their hair on fire and the "under the bus" rhetoric is just American political silliness.