Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhair View Post
    He has called for Israel to retreat to the 1967 borders. That should turn his Jewish support hard-core against him. Their support counts for more than just their number of votes. That is a lot of money and campaign organization and media support that he won't be able to tap.
    It's doubtful they will turn on him. Limbaugh said yesterday, and I agree, liberals are liberals first.

He has called for Israel to retreat to the 1967 borders. That should turn his Jewish support hard-core against him. Their support counts for more than just their number of votes. That is a lot of money and campaign organization and media support that he won't be able to tap.
    I'd like to believe this. The voting habits of Jewish voters is sadly that they blindly vote for those dedicated to their destruction. I don't understand it but it is true. It is as understandable as the poor/Blacks voting for DIMS regardless the facts of their circumstances. LBJ was right about them. Another 150 years and his statement will become true.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    If they are voting I assume they are Americans so why shouldn't they be concerned about American interests? Why should another nation take precedent over their own?"
    Israel doesn't take precedent over America. Israel is under our protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Israel doesn't take precedent over America. Israel is under our protection.
    Good news for Israel, I suppose.

No wonder their leaders can be such assholes to us.

Fabulous Poster
    Did your skin crawl the other day when you heard Obama refer to himself as The United States? Mine did.

"The United States believes that negotiations should result in two states, with permanent Palestinian borders with Israel, Jordan, and Egypt, and permanent Israeli borders with Palestine. "

It was at this point that I realized that the GOP will literally have to run Sarah Palin or PAt Robertson for me to wish victory on Obama in 2012. Fortunately, while Obama can direct some of US policy by edict, I don't think he actually has the power and authority to do too much damage before he is stopped. Even Caesar needed the support of at least one other branch of government.

If Hillary Clinton resigns in disgust, Obama is sunk.

Fabulous Poster
    Good news for Israel, I suppose.

No wonder their leaders can be such assholes to us.
    Example, please.

Example, please.
    Pretty much since Bibi took over. Obama searches for common ground and Bibi builds settlements on it.

I do admit that GHW Bush told Israel to sit down and shut up and they did. About the last time America stood up to its rebellious charge. I find it funny that you play the part of the aunt taking the teenager's side in the family dispute.

Fabulous Poster
    Pretty much since Bibi took over. Obama searches for common ground and Bibi builds settlements on it.

I do admit that GHW Bush told Israel to sit down and shut up and they did. About the last time America stood up to its rebellious charge. I find it funny that you play the part of the aunt taking the teenager's side in the family dispute.
    Obama isn't searching for common ground. He's either sincerely or strategically siding with the Arabs. The negotiation doesn't start with the surrender to the Arabs the land they lost in the war, it starts with Israel not killing all the Arabs hostiles in their territory. IN exchange for that, these people can return to Jordan with their lives, herds, and personal possessions.

Way back on March 31, 1977, the Dutch newspaper Trouw published an interview with Palestine Liberation Organization executive committee member Zahir Muhsein. Here's what he said:

The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct "Palestinian people" to oppose Zionism.

For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa, while as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan.

Obama isn't searching for common ground.
    Yes, he is. It is his tragic flaw. Even a moderately casual thinking person paying attention realizes that by now.

He's either sincerely or strategically siding with the Arabs.
    Right. BOO!

Be anything you like Nova, but don't be boring.

Did your skin crawl the other day when you heard Obama refer to himself as The United States? Mine did.

"The United States believes that negotiations should result in two states, with permanent Palestinian borders with Israel, Jordan, and Egypt, and permanent Israeli borders with Palestine. "

It was at this point that I realized that the GOP will literally have to run Sarah Palin or PAt Robertson for me to wish victory on Obama in 2012. Fortunately, while Obama can direct some of US policy by edict, I don't think he actually has the power and authority to do too much damage before he is stopped. Even Caesar needed the support of at least one other branch of government.

If Hillary Clinton resigns in disgust, Obama is sunk.
    Maybe not. I remarked to SR last night that wouldn't it be something if Hillary put that idea of the 67 borders into O's widdle head? How evil would that be? I can't imagine her formulating that position. But who knows, can't figure out what in the world that administration is thinking. I don't think they can either.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"