Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Sarah Palin: I do have the fire in my belly to run in 2012 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Sarah Palin: I do have the fire in my belly to run in 2012 (Video - On The Record Tonight w/Greta)

".....She going to run...."

She says that she definitely has the fire in her belly to fight to put America back on the right track: "I think my problem is that I do have that fire in my belly. I am so adamantly supportive of the good traditional things about America and our free enterprise system and I want to make sure that America is put back on the right track and we only do that by defeating Obama in 2012. I have that fire in my belly."Right before this Sarah also took another slam at Newt Gingrich, and a good one too: You...

http://www.therightscoop.com/sarah-p...o-run-in-2012/

My take on Palin is that she does, indeed, have the wherewithal to run. But she will run only if she thinks there is no one in the field who can do the job.
    She hasn't said who that person is. We know it's not Newt; wasn't Trump; maybe Cain; Maybe Daniels; maybe Romney, although I don't think so.
    I'm willing to follow her lead. If she doesn't run, then I will be listening with both ears when she endorses someone. If you need 10 points to get my vote, her endorsement amounts to 6 of 'em.

Unfortunately, I don't think she is the right candidate. I think she has been destroyed (as a candidate) by the same press that backed Obama.:(

Talk is cheap ..... well, not for Fox but you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Talk is cheap ..... well, not for Fox but you know what I mean.
    Uh, well..in this case, at least, I don't.;)

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Uh, well..in this case, at least, I don't.;)
    It is easy to say you have the fire-in-the-belly (new catch phrase?). Not so easy to prove it by running.

The second part was just me being glib about with the well known phrase "talk is cheap" because she gets paid to talk by Fox.

It is easy to say you have the fire-in-the-belly (new catch phrase?). Not so easy to prove it by running.
    Oh. So what do you think? Do you think she should run? Do you think she will?

Oh. So what do you think? Do you think she should run? Do you think she will?
    I think she would do well if she ran. As far as whether or not she should, I think so. If she wants to drive the debate, she should put her philosophy up to scrutiny by her fellow Republicans instead of sniping from the sidelines. Otherwise, she is just another pundit.

No, I don't think she will run. Like Huck, she has a good gig and there is no need to jeapordize that. She is young and can wait if she truly wants a crack at being the first female Executive.

I think she would do well if she ran. As far as whether or not she should, I think so. If she wants to drive the debate, she should put her philosophy up to scrutiny by her fellow Republicans instead of sniping from the sidelines. Otherwise, she is just another pundit.

No, I don't think she will run. Like Huck, she has a good gig and there is no need to jeapordize that. She is young and can wait if she truly wants a crack at being the first female Executive.
    I come at it a little differently.
    I think if she runs it will be because she doesn't see anyone else who could do the job. I lack your cynicism with regard to her current situation, and believe she would give it up instantly if, in her mind, serving her country became necessary.

I come at it a little differently.
    I think if she runs it will be because she doesn't see anyone else who could do the job. I lack your cynicism with regard to her current situation, and believe she would give it up instantly if, in her mind, serving her country became necessary.
    You are correct. I am a cynic.

As far as service to the nation, there are many ways to do that. Being the president isn't the only one.

I think she has been destroyed (as a candidate) by the same press that backed Obama.:(
    I disagree. I think they tried their best to destroy her, but her tenacious strong will
    and attitude showed that she wasn't going anywhere and they weren't going to push
    her off into hiding to get out of the spotlight. Over the last couple of years she has
    just grown stronger and ever more popular despite the efforts of the press to kill her
    off politically. She's been a master at turning the tables on them I say.