Thread: Man attacked by pit bulls in Kirkland park(graphic)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Man attacked by pit bulls in Kirkland park(graphic) 
    Quote Originally Posted by komo
    KIRKLAND, Wash. - A leisurely Saturday afternoon in the park quickly mutated into a real-life horror scene when three pit bulls attacked a man and his German shepherd without warning, police said.

During the unprovoked attack, the man pulled out his concealed weapon and opened fire, hitting one of the pit bulls and scaring off the others.
    Komo News link

Hmmmm....pit bulls are such lovely animals.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    Komo News link

Here we go again.:D

They're people dogs. As in they like to snack on people.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    not this bullshit again

dogs fighting....who would have thunk it

Dogs are what people train them to be and how they are trained to behave.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

And dogs with the potential to be aggressive need to be properly handled by their owners---not let alone off leash to attack other dogs or people.

It doesn't have to be a pit bull to attack. My first greyhound was badly injured by a springer spaniel that had "spaniel rage". The dog had attacked other dogs before and was left alone outside in the yard that had an invisible fence. The problem is the fence never stopped the little beast. To compound the problem no one was home. My dog suffered horribly because of that attack.

It's generally the owners that are the cause of many of these problems. Pet ownership goes along with RESPONSIBILITY!
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    Komo News link

I used to think that Rottweilers were dogs for junkyards and drug dealers. Then I adopted Portia and she was a delight. I made sure my niece was here for the adoption visit and she was very gentle with the six year old girl. Then, all 85 pounds of Rottie jumped in my lap. She was also a ferocious household guardian. She despised school busses, air brakes, tow trucks, and my lawn service man (which turned out to be a good instinct). She was gentle with my mother's toy poodle, and bossy to my mom's greyhound. She was everybody's friend at the dog park, but held her own in the two battles she had (one presa one pitt bull).

The only pitt bull I have ever have ever seen be mean at the dog park was a young male who had little or no training, and when he attacked Portia, it was obvious that his owner was afraid of him. Yes, if I had had a gun I would have shot that dog, but instead I whacked the hell out of him until he let go of Portia's throat, and then she turned around and let him have it.

Other than that, every pitt bull I have ever met at the dog park was a big old sweetheart or minded his own business.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Dogs are what people train them to be and how they are trained to behave.
    I see it a little differently. People are not entirely of their own making and neither are dogs. Some dogs will kill.

From 1978 thru 1998 there were 238 deaths caused by dog bite. 66 of these were caused by Pitt Bulls with Rotweilers trailing a distant second at 39. We're talking people killed here, not just bitten.
    http://dogbitelaw.com/dog-bite-stati...y-to-kill.html

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    I see it a little differently. People are not entirely of their own making and neither are dogs. Some dogs will kill.

From 1978 thru 1998 there were 238 deaths caused by dog bite. 66 of these were caused by Pitt Bulls with Rotweilers trailing a distant second at 39. We're talking people killed here, not just bitten.
    And if you kill all the pitts and rotties then the people who misuse these dogs will pick two other breeds to replace them.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post

I find this statement as suspect as when gun control fans refer to "gun deaths". It's too general. All gun deaths are not murders. I suspect that all fatal dog bites didn't happen to innocent bystanders either.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    And if you kill all the pitts and rotties then the people who misuse these dogs will pick two other breeds to replace them.
    But there are certain breeds that need special monitoring if they are to continue being a viable breed and "pit bulls" meet that criteria.