link

formercia (1000+ posts) Sun May-22-11 08:26 PM
Original message
Don't be too hard on the people who thought they would be Raptured

We once had hope that things were going to change for the better too.
LOL. I'm sure that they THINK they know people who thought they were going to be raptured 2 days ago, but I bet that in reality that they don't know anyone who that they were going to be raptured.

Many of them thought that all evangelicals thought that way and although 1 or 2 DUers tried to set them straight they persisted with that belief.
aquart Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun May-22-11 08:42 PM
Response to Original message
6. But WE weren't going to leave anybody behind.

And that, I think, is the essential difference. These selfish bastards were happy to do so.

It's like the time I was ushering a hit off-Broadway show and a man came down the stairs at the Village Gate and slapped down two tickets and a fifty dollar bill, saying "I want the best seats in the house." He didn't care who I had to displace to earn my bribe. I took the fifty and the tickets and looked at the tickets. They were already for the best seats in the house. "No problem," I said, and put the money in my pocket.

By the rules of their faith, they already had tickets. But they didn't trust those rules, and they wanted to cheat. So screw 'em.
They yell bloody murde if you try to tell them what they need to do in order to be 'raptured' (saved) (ie. believe in the living God and Jesus, the Savior) but they don't like the thought that they won't be saved.
SheilaT Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun May-22-11 10:01 PM
Response to Reply #6
16. This is actually the most important point.

We liberals think that everyone should have access to health care, and not have to go bankrupt to pay for it, and to be able to get all the medications they need and not have to cut pills in half because they can't afford the medicine.

These people assume that they are much better than the rest of us, and are positively gleeful at the thought that we "heathens" or whatever they want to call us, will suffer terribly by being left behind. They have no compassion of any kind.
SheilaT Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun May-22-11 10:01 PM
Response to Reply #6
16. This is actually the most important point.

We liberals think that everyone should have access to health care, and not have to go bankrupt to pay for it, and to be able to get all the medications they need and not have to cut pills in half because they can't afford the medicine.

These people assume that they are much better than the rest of us, and are positively gleeful at the thought that we "heathens" or whatever they want to call us, will suffer terribly by being left behind. They have no compassion of any kind.
provis99 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun May-22-11 09:46 PM
Response to Original message
15. no, fuck them.

Their hope was that they would be sent to heaven while the rest of us would burn in hell for eternity. So screw those assholes.
If it weren't so sad it would be funny.