1. #1 Don't be too hard on the people who thought they would be Raptured 
    link

formercia (1000+ posts) Sun May-22-11 08:26 PM
    Original message
    Don't be too hard on the people who thought they would be Raptured

We once had hope that things were going to change for the better too.
    LOL. I'm sure that they THINK they know people who thought they were going to be raptured 2 days ago, but I bet that in reality that they don't know anyone who that they were going to be raptured.

Many of them thought that all evangelicals thought that way and although 1 or 2 DUers tried to set them straight they persisted with that belief.
    aquart Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun May-22-11 08:42 PM
    Response to Original message
    6. But WE weren't going to leave anybody behind.

And that, I think, is the essential difference. These selfish bastards were happy to do so.

It's like the time I was ushering a hit off-Broadway show and a man came down the stairs at the Village Gate and slapped down two tickets and a fifty dollar bill, saying "I want the best seats in the house." He didn't care who I had to displace to earn my bribe. I took the fifty and the tickets and looked at the tickets. They were already for the best seats in the house. "No problem," I said, and put the money in my pocket.

By the rules of their faith, they already had tickets. But they didn't trust those rules, and they wanted to cheat. So screw 'em.
    They yell bloody murde if you try to tell them what they need to do in order to be 'raptured' (saved) (ie. believe in the living God and Jesus, the Savior) but they don't like the thought that they won't be saved.
    SheilaT Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun May-22-11 10:01 PM
    Response to Reply #6
    16. This is actually the most important point.

We liberals think that everyone should have access to health care, and not have to go bankrupt to pay for it, and to be able to get all the medications they need and not have to cut pills in half because they can't afford the medicine.

These people assume that they are much better than the rest of us, and are positively gleeful at the thought that we "heathens" or whatever they want to call us, will suffer terribly by being left behind. They have no compassion of any kind.
    SheilaT Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun May-22-11 10:01 PM
    Response to Reply #6
    16. This is actually the most important point.

We liberals think that everyone should have access to health care, and not have to go bankrupt to pay for it, and to be able to get all the medications they need and not have to cut pills in half because they can't afford the medicine.

These people assume that they are much better than the rest of us, and are positively gleeful at the thought that we "heathens" or whatever they want to call us, will suffer terribly by being left behind. They have no compassion of any kind.
    provis99 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun May-22-11 09:46 PM
    Response to Original message
    15. no, fuck them.

Their hope was that they would be sent to heaven while the rest of us would burn in hell for eternity. So screw those assholes.
    If it weren't so sad it would be funny.

It's actually hilarious. They're all pissed because some people were going to get raptured into Heaven but not them. Even though a vast majority fo them are atheists. But the cherry on the sundae is that the whole point to evangelicalism is to get people so see the light and accept Jesus as their savior but they mock and belittle the effort and now they're pissed that the believers would be raptured and not them by calling them selfish. Um, we tried you chuckleheads. UFB.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    It's actually hilarious. They're all pissed because some people were going to get raptured into Heaven but not them. Even though a vast majority fo them are atheists. But the cherry on the sundae is that the whole point to evangelicalism is to get people so see the light and accept Jesus as their savior but they mock and belittle the effort and now they're pissed that the believers would be raptured and not them by calling them selfish. Um, we tried you chuckleheads. UFB.
    Indeed.
    They are mostly atheists, but demand they be included on the Rapture too, even though they don't even believe in it. Evangelism is about bringing souls to know the truth and find Christ so they can be with Him. Ultra- Atheists like the DUmmies insult the Christians who do this, but then demand that they be included in the rewards of knowing Christ (The Rapture), even though they've done nothing to receive or prepare for it.
    Plus, as Carol notes, most of them felt that all American Christians felt that way and used it to insult Christianity as a whole, even though it was only a very small fringe group that actually believed it would happen on May 21st (I didn't personally know anyone who believed it, and I'm a Christian aspiring to ministry who's talked to countless fellow Christians about it).