Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Why all the severe weather? 
    Rather lately, I've seen the AGW supporters pushing the opinion that the seasons of Winter and Summer will begin to become longer, and more severe, and Spring and Fall will grow shorter.

The last couple days, as well as the whole next week just shows how wrong they are.

As of right now, we're stuck in a rather "irregular" spring time pattern that usually does not last this late in the year. A massive cold high has established itself over western Canada forcing the Polar Front Jet (PFJ) further south then it usually flows this time of year. Coupled with that, the Subtropical Jet (STJ) is drawing moisture from the Pacific ocean and pushing it into the Central US states. These two jets converge over Colorado, and help to develop a regime we call a Colorado Low, which is the usual culprit in wide spread severe thunderstorms throughout the midwest. With the moisture brought up by the STJ, and then the eventual divergence of the PFJ and STJ, things just get primed for that low pressure system to explode into these waves of severe weather that we are seeing.

Normall this pattern will only last for a few weeks in late April and early May while the jets transition from their winter time positions to their summer time positions, and if the AGW folks were right, these patterns should grow shorter and shorter (much to the relief of some midwesterners I'd say), but as this year is showing, that is far from the case.

So I wonder what they have to say about that.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Sending message to Hootie via carrier owl!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

global warming right? :D
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Rather lately...<snip>
    How about any ninos/ninas? Are they in play here?

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    How about any ninos/ninas? Are they in play here?
    As far as I'm aware, not significantly. The biggest player in whats going on right now is up north. Blame Canada. :D
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Blame Canada. :D
    I have no problem doing that. :p

We have a big storm breaking loose now.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    We have a big storm breaking loose now.
    I'd be expecting stuff like this for the next 3 days or so.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Experts Explain What Could Be Behind Wild Weather, "Its Just Bad Luck..."

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Meteorologists said this has been one of the deadliest years for tornados in at least five decades. From abnormal snowfall to severe storms, many wonder what is causing the wild weather this year.

NewsChannel 5's Ron Howes has spent three decades forecasting severe weather in middle Tennessee. Despite different theories, he said this wild year may be nothing more than bad luck....."The atmosphere obviously has been very energetic, part of that may be La Nina. I think more than anything it's the luck of the draw," Howes said.....Meteorologists at the National Weather Service in Mt. Juliet agreed that a cause can be hard to pin down.

"We had one of the worst tornado outbreaks just last month. We had one of the worst killer tornados last night in Missouri. It's tough to tie any one event like that or two or three events like that to la Nina or the potential for global warming," said Larry Vannozzi with the National Weather Service.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14...d-wild-weather

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yes...I'm sure there has NEVER been a spring with severe weather like this...ever.

Fucking morons...it's SPRING.

You have severe T-Storms and tornado's in the spring.
    May the FORCE be with you!