Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Yes...I'm sure there has NEVER been a spring with severe weather like this...ever.

Fucking morons...it's SPRING.

You have severe T-Storms and tornado's in the spring.
    You do, but like I said above it takes place more in late April, Early May. A week long severe event like this is pretty rare this late in spring.

Which just goes to help refute the AGW assholes claims that Spring and Fall are gonna dissapear.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    You do, but like I said above it takes place more in late April, Early May. A week long severe event like this is pretty rare this late in spring.

Which just goes to help refute the AGW assholes claims that Spring and Fall are gonna dissapear.

Oh yeah, I know what you're saying. Watch this summer IF we get some hurricanes. They will be reported as BIGGER and MEANER than ANY other storms in recorded time.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Oh yeah, I know what you're saying. Watch this summer IF we get some hurricanes. They will be reported as BIGGER and MEANER than ANY other storms in recorded time.
    I'm getting this feeling that this will be a very interesting year weather wise.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

What's the definition of "severe weather" anyway? For all we know on a 1 million year timeline this could be the calmest most serene weather this planet has ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    What's the definition of "severe weather" anyway? For all we know on a 1 million year timeline this could be the calmest most serene weather this planet has ever seen.
    Severe weather is pretty much defined as having all or some of the following. Winds greater then 50 knots, hail greater then 3/4" and Tornadoes.

People, this planet is so vast and complicated that only the most arrogant could pretend to understand it. A twitch and we see utter destruction (e.g. Japan, Joplin, and sooooooooo many others). Planet Earth goes on. To think that we have the slightest influence on the natural cycles on a planet, whose life span places the existence of our species as but a inconsequential moment, is beyond arrogance; it is the epitome of folly.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Today is looking interesting. I'm on the northern end of the high-risk area the SPC outlined earlier, and from a few of the chaser sites I read apparently today's setup looks very similar to the Andover tornado in '93 and the Hesston tornado in '91. Unfortunately for me, I'm working 911 this afternoon so if anything hits my county I'm going to be busier than a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest. We'll see what happens, though.

And the global warming folks are a bunch of jackasses. They got the EPA to put some rules into place to limit the spring burn in the Flint Hills because it "hurts the environment" or some BS like that.

Well....I'm on fire again. There were 3 separate fires burning within a few miles of me today. Hot dry winds blowing over 40 miles an hour all day kept them going. One crossed our Loop over into the town area, so they had to evacuate a lot of neighborhoods. Little white cinders were falling on my head this afternoon while I was standing outside my office, and our whole building smelled like smoke. Over 4000 acres burned in the one closest to me, and it is still not fully contained.

I don't guess I'll ever see rain again.
    All these lines of thunderstorms pop up just north and east of me. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Well....I'm on fire again. There were 3 separate fires burning within a few miles of me today. Hot dry winds blowing over 40 miles an hour all day kept them going. One crossed our Loop over into the town area, so they had to evacuate a lot of neighborhoods. Little white cinders were falling on my head this afternoon while I was standing outside my office, and our whole building smelled like smoke. Over 4000 acres burned in the one closest to me, and it is still not fully contained.

I don't guess I'll ever see rain again.
    All these lines of thunderstorms pop up just north and east of me. :(
    Unbelievable, while we are being drowned.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg