Thread: 'Glorious Mission'

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 'Glorious Mission' 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!

Its graphics are on par with Call of Duty, but Glorious Mission has a whole different perspective than what even the most experienced gamer might be used to.

It targets U.S. troops.
    That's right, developed by China’s Giant Network Technology Co. and backed by the People's Liberation Army (P.L.A.) this first-person shooter paints U.S. soldiers as the enemy, according to WIred. Oddly enough, it's also supposed to be modeled after the U.S. Army-made shooter game America's Army.

While games like Homefront and the Call of Duty series have often poised Eastern Asian or Middle Eastern people as enemies without serious repercussions, some worry that this game leads to confusion between military thinking and simulation.

huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/17/glorious-mission-chinese-video-game_n_863166.html

Yet we can't make a movie that shows China as the enemy...
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post

Yes we can.

I bet it would be a hit, too, if you did it as a remake of Red Dawn.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Yes we can.

I bet it would be a hit, too, if you did it as a remake of Red Dawn.
    um...dude that IS the plot of the Red Dawn remake

that is till they studio made them changed it to be North Korea

because the Chinese complained about it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dawn_(2011_film)

his film's storyline was originally intended to be based on a Chinese invasion but was later edited to depict a North Korean invasion in post-production due to concerns from distributors.[4]

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    um...dude that IS the plot of the Red Dawn remake

that is till they studio made them changed it to be North Korea

because the Chinese complained about it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dawn_(2011_film)

Oops. Forgot about that.

Seems The Market (PBOH) has spoken.

This will probably be very popular among those who enjoy demonstrating their lack of patriotism and superiority over the rest of the country. In fact, I predict that it will be featured in every faculty lounge from Berkeley to Cambridge, not to mention every madrassah that actually has the infrastructure to run video games. I wonder if Wei or KS has ordered their copy yet?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Oops. Forgot about that.

Seems The Market (PBOH) has spoken.
    more like MGM was worried about a backlash and lack of support from Chinese market over the movie

whats even more ironic is that Homefront was written by the same guy that wrote the original Red Dawn, with the same plot of the new Red Dawn. So my guess is that Homefront was suppose to be a tie in with the new Red Dawn movie till MGM had their melt down

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    more like MGM was worried about a backlash and lack of support from Chinese market over the movie

whats even more ironic is that Homefront was written by the same guy that wrote the original Red Dawn, with the same plot of the new Red Dawn. So my guess is that Homefront was suppose to be a tie in with the new Red Dawn movie till MGM had their melt down
    Chinese market? They lead the world in pirating software. I wouldn't be too concerned about it from a market perspective.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post

They can but Hollywood doesn't have the scrote to do it. Remember Sum of all Fears? In the book it's Islamic terrorism but Hollywood didn't want to upset the muzzies so they changed it to white neo-Nazis.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    They can but Hollywood doesn't have the scrote to do it. Remember Sum of all Fears? In the book it's Islamic terrorism but Hollywood didn't want to upset the muzzies so they changed it to white neo-Nazis.
    Which ruined that film. It was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    This will probably be very popular among those who enjoy demonstrating their lack of patriotism and superiority over the rest of the country. In fact, I predict that it will be featured in every faculty lounge from Berkeley to Cambridge, not to mention every madrassah that actually has the infrastructure to run video games. I wonder if Wei or KS has ordered their copy yet?
    I'd imagine it's gonna be more in the Chinese market then our own.

Honestly though, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 had us killing Russian (not Soviet) soldiers left and right. Even a mission where a US troop went in and killed hundreds of Russian Civilians in an airport. Couldn't expect it to be long before someone came out with a game that had us as the main target.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.