Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 California Releasing Mentally Disturbed Prisoners in Time for Tourists 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    — Here's an advisory for prospective summer visitors to California: The state must release around 32,000 prisoners under a new Supreme Court decision to help mentally ill inmates. It is one of the largest prisoner releases in U.S. history. Exciting.

Citing the state penitentiaries' horrific overcrowding and high suicide rate, the high court upheld an order to reduce the prison population to 137.5 percent of capacity from 200 percent in recent years, translating into a release of around 32,000 people. It's not clear how many of those people will come straight from mental treatment, but it's plain that the overcrowding is corroding the minds even among the regular population.

California prisoners have been living in gyms up to 200 at a time, and as many as 54 prisoners have been known to share a single toilet. There is, on average, about one suicide per week, according to a report by the governor's office.

Plainiffs in the case told the court that "mentally ill prisoners have been found hanged to death in holding tanks where observation windows are obscured with smeared feces, and discovered catatonic in pools of their own urine after spending nights in locked cages."

http://gawker.com/5804687/california...e-for-tourists

Sounds to me that the real problem is that the suicide rate isn't high enough.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Plainiffs in the case told the court that "mentally ill prisoners have been found hanged to death in holding tanks where observation windows are obscured with smeared feces, and discovered catatonic in pools of their own urine after spending nights in locked cages."

http://gawker.com/5804687/california...e-for-tourists
    In Santa Monica, they call that a "lifestyle choice".

Seriously, what do they think will happen to these guys when they are released?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    In Santa Monica, they call that a "lifestyle choice".

Seriously, what do they think will happen to these guys when they are released?
    Well, I guess they'll figure it'll be a year or so before they end up back there. The court system is gonna get so backed up...
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

What will be the major difference between them and the rest of the population?

Huzlnutz was from Kalyforny.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    What will be the major difference between them and the rest of the population?

Huzlnutz was from Kalyforny.
    Fagboy left after the bath houses closed down.

How much dumber can this state get? A rhetorical.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    How much dumber can this state get? A rhetorical.
    I figured that they hit bottom when they put Gerry Brown back in the governor's mansion. At least the passengers on the Titanic were smart enough not to vote to hit the iceberg.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I figured that they hit bottom when they put Gerry Brown back in the governor's mansion. At least the passengers on the Titanic were smart enough not to vote to hit the iceberg.
    I give Brown 6-12 months before a recall petition is started up. Too many loonies in that state.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I give Brown 6-12 months before a recall petition is started up. Too many loonies in that state.
    Not in the Turkey State .The fags and nuts love him !