Thread: 24 May 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 24 May 2008 
    President Obama Has No Idea What Year It Is

This is how President Obama signed the guestbook at Westminster Abbey earlier today, where he got a tour from the Very Reverend Dr. John Hall and laid a wreath on the Grave of the Unknown Warrior.

It is a great privilege to commemorate our common heritage, and common sacrifice.

Barack Obama

24 May 2008

It was really nice until he got the date wrong by three years. Granted, 2008 was a great year for him, and we might try to live it for as long as possible, too, if we were him. Also, though, he may have had a stroke.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

...and he claims "...common heritage..."? Oh yes, it's the Black Irish in him....

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

I reckon he had more than just one Guiness. Breakfast of champions.

And why can't he just write it like a normal human being. May 24, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    ...and he claims "...common heritage..."? Oh yes, it's the Black Irish in him....
    I'm more Irish than him.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    C'mon. You never heard of Black Irish? Lucky Charms, McRib, Shamrock Shake?

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

He's trying to be more Euro.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

24 May 2008 is how I'd do it. I think that's a pretty standard format across the government.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    24 May 2008 is how I'd do it. I think that's a pretty standard format across the government.
    and internationally as well...

personally I think it's funny, but nothing to make a big deal about....but then again there was a lot that Bush did/said that was the same way and the left made big mountains out of those mole hills

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Yeah. You know, funny things is, most of us picked up the habit of 24 May, 11 in the service, and I know damned good and well he didn't pick it up in the service. Kinda strange for a civilian.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Yeah. You know, funny things is, most of us picked up the habit of 24 May, 11 in the service, and I know damned good and well he didn't pick it up in the service. Kinda strange for a civilian.
    I do it, but my parents and much of my family are from former British Colonies, where that's the standard way of marking dates.

Don't know what his excuse is.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    So in the service, you're taught to use the more common/international date system?
    I always wondered why my grandpa had put a date on a photograph as "22 April 1945" even though he was an American. Makes me question some of his other photo dates, like one that's "8-5-73". Makes me wonder if it's August 5th, or May 8th, 1973.