1. #1 Rick Perry is rethinking his pledge not to run for president 
    Rick Perry is rethinking his pledge not to run for president

By Holly Bailey – Wed May 25, 12:55 pm ET

Rick Perry has repeatedly said he won't run for president in 2012, but there are signs he might not stick to that pledge.

In a press conference Tuesday, the Texas governor notably declined to "rule out" a White House bid, amid calls from Rush Limbaugh and others that he should enter the 2012 race.

Meanwhile, his top strategist acknowledged to the Texas Tribune that Perry is, indeed, "thinking about" a bid for the GOP nomination—though he insisted his boss is far from actually entering the race.

The development comes on the heels of a report last week that suggested Perry is waiting to be "summoned" into the 2012 presidential race. But it's unclear how much momentum the Texas governor actually has in the GOP primary.

As The Ticket noted yesterday, there's been an uptick in those floating Perry for the GOP nod in the wake of Mitch Daniels' decision to bypass next's year race. But polling suggests a different reality for Perry. He's barely mentioned in most national polling, and a Texas Tribune poll released yesterday found that just 4 percent of Texas Republicans want him to run for president.

Yesterday, Perry, who is head of the Republican Governors Association, did not repeat his forceful declarations that he will not be a nominee for president in 2012 when asked about his White House buzz. Instead, he dodged the question by saying he's focused on his day job.

"I've got my focus on where it's appropriately supposed to be, and that's this legislative session," Perry said. "I've said multiple times I'm not going to get distracted from my work at hand, and I'm not going to get distracted today, either."

But Perry strategist Dave Carney admits his boss is giving a race some thought.
    Yahoo

Perry is a big gun.

He could win the nomination easily with all the other big guns sitting out. This may be his opportunity and you don't pass up an opportunity if you really want to be president. "Wait your turn" is for all those Democrats that thought '92 was sacrificial lamb's turn.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    John Bolton is considering running as is Rudy Gulianani

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    John Bolton is considering running as is Rudy Gulianani
    Rudy doesn't stand a chance because he is Pro-Choice (can you imagine the Democrats nominating someone who is Pro-Life?) and I can't take The Walrus seriously.

Perry is a very skilled politician. A cameleon. He is Slick Willie in a cowboy hat.

Bolton said that reason he's looking at getting in is to push the field on foreign issues, and I agree with him that there is no one besides Huntsman that really has Foreign policy experience and they should be pushed on the issue

Bolton said that reason he's looking at getting in is to push the field on foreign issues, and I agree with him that there is no one besides Huntsman that really has Foreign policy experience and they should be pushed on the issue
    After a decade of war, with three hot conflicts going on, I don't think many are that interested with opening another in Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    After a decade of war, with three hot conflicts going on, I don't think many are that interested with opening another in Iran.
    what does Iran have to do with what I said or the reason why Bolton is considering running?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Perry is a big gun.

He could win the nomination easily with all the other big guns sitting out. This may be his opportunity and you don't pass up an opportunity if you really want to be president. "Wait your turn" is for all those Democrats that thought '92 was sacrificial lamb's turn.
    I think you are correct. Perry would whip up on Obama if he won the nomination. I would like to see someone that is knowledgeable about energy and would put that experience to work. I do not know of another industry that has more promise of providing more (millions) great paying jobs than the oil and gas industry. Most of the the jobs being created today are in the 7 to 14 dollar an hour range.

I would love to see Rick Perry enter the race. Just not entirely happy with the field we've got so far. I like Guilliani alright but he's got some baggage. Palin, well, I apologize to all those who hope she'll win but I don't think she has a chance. And they will crucify her. I'm not underestimating her, I'm just not underestimating all those against her and the lengths they have no qualms whatsoever going to. I do like Michelle Bachman. She's a gutsy thing and I like that. she's also not as polarizing as Palin but I'm holding out to see if Perry decides to run. Even emailed him about it. In fact, I was a little surprised I could since I'm from another state but the TX gov's form didn't stop me so guess it went.

what does Iran have to do with what I said or the reason why Bolton is considering running?
    In fanboy's snarky way he's saying that Bolton would follow the eeeeeevil "NeoCon" secret plan to keep us in perpetual war and take on Iraq in a shooting war.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.