Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Tim Pawlenty to announce W.H. bid on Monday 
    Tim Pawlenty to announce W.H. bid on Monday

By KENDRA MARR | 5/20/11 10:47 AM EDT Updated: 5/20/11 11:32 AM EDT

Tim Pawlenty will formally announce his candidacy for president on Monday in Iowa, an aide told POLITICO.

The former Minnesota governor has scheduled a town hall in Des Moines at 11:30 a.m. His wife Mary will introduce him.

Pawlenty has been an all-but-declared candidate for months, and has been laying the groundwork for a White House bid ever since he missed out on the chance to be John McCain's running mate in 2008. He launched his presidential exploratory committee two months ago, and since then has kept a busy schedule of fundraisers and visits to early-voting states.

After the announcement, Pawlenty will travel to Florida, Washington, New Hampshire and New York.
    Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1MuJmkdVl

When Tim Pawlenty goes to the opera with his wife he doesn't fall asleep; the opera does.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    When Tim Pawlenty goes to the opera with his wife he doesn't fall asleep; the opera does.
    HAHAHA, thats funny right there

Pretty much... Christ, I sleep with more excitement than that man f*cks, I bet.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    Pretty much... Christ, I sleep with more excitement than that man f*cks, I bet.
    ~QC
    That is a disturbing analogy.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

After having someone as President who is supposedly exciting and sends those chills down Chris Matthews legs, I think we might be better off with someone boring who can actually do the job. It's a new concept, I know.

What I want this time is simple competence. But then I'm grouchy after dealing with the insurance paperwork and medical nonsense. The Swiss might be a bit "boring", supposedly, but their trains run on time and they are efficient.

Right now we're trying to get hundreds of dollars back from the local hospital system that charged us $45 copays twice a week for over 2 months. I wouldn't wait for that check is in the mail routine today, lost it with them, but golly gee, someone admitted that she had made an error over a month ago and would correct it. So now back to waiting for that check in the mail.

Efficient boredom is a good thing. :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I have a thing about Pawlenty and it mostly has to do with the fact he hasn't done one single thing to try to control the Muslims in MN. The University in Minneapolis was one of the first public schools to put in foot baths specifically for muslim students so they didn't have to wash their feet in the sinks. Stinks to me.

Oh...and that was really funny about the opera falling asleep! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by HarryHeart View Post
    I have a thing about Pawlenty and it mostly has to do with the fact he hasn't done one single thing to try to control the Muslims in MN. The University in Minneapolis was one of the first public schools to put in foot baths specifically for muslim students so they didn't have to wash their feet in the sinks. Stinks to me.

Oh...and that was really funny about the opera falling asleep! LOL!

The University of Michigan in Dearborn has them, too. I'm only opposed to them because they are only for muslim students. If they were for anyone who wanted to use them, I'd support it. Whose feet don't get sore and tired walking around a college campus?

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The University of Michigan in Dearborn has them, too. I'm only opposed to them because they are only for muslim students. If they were for anyone who wanted to use them, I'd support it. Whose feet don't get sore and tired walking around a college campus?
    I agree. I wouldn't care either if they were for everybody. But they aren't, and as far as I know, it was done with public money from the U which means we tax payers paid for them. Could be wrong but have never seen anything to tell me any fund raising was done by the muslim students. And, yeah, who doesn't get sore feet schlepping around campus? I wonder what would happen if other non-muslim students started using them. I know 7th day Adventists have a foot washing ceremony before communion - of course, they aren't generally going to be at school on a Saturday nor would they normally be holding communion in a bathroom :)

Heh, it is a little difficult picturing him holding a bottle of Dos Equis.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers