Thread: Prayer request

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Thanks, think those prayers are working. They just transferred him about an hour ago from intensive care to a regular room. That's a good sign.

He was out most of the day, but due to the major sedation.

They don't think it was a stroke (hope they don't find out otherwise later), but seizures that were the consequence of the previous stroke. It was terrifying, but guess the years of handling the seizures of our dog Blue prepared me. The paramedics did a good job, and they're giving him greyt care at Sarasota Memorial.

Our neighbors have been wonderful. One is a nurse practitioner working on her PhD who stayed with me last night at the hospital til 9:30pm. She noticed when Garrett started to have a major problem last night. They whisked me out of the room and she stayed with me. The neighbors are rallying around. They're starting to take turns walking the hounds, as I can barely walk. I need the knee replacement badly, but have been unable to have the surgery done that had been scheduled for Feb 28th (the stroke was Feb 19th). Tonight one of the ladies took me out to dinner.
    Praise God for His healing & sending you neighbors to help.

O LORD my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me. (Psalms 30:2 NKJV)

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    I've had one knee replacement, the result of a car accident. It didn't go well and think it's what has messed up my other knee. The jerk didn't measure my legs correctly and has one a bit longer than the other. I have confidence in the surgeon here, but need to get in and get it done.

It's pretty much limiting my life. I can't do what I want to do. Glad it went well for her.
    They have an expensive instrument that measures the knee in three dimensions and calculates where to notch the bone to insert the joint .Most knee replacement doctors eyeball it but find one who has access to the proper equipment .My wife had both knees done and enjoys muich better pain free movement .Occasionally when the weather is damp she still feels some stiffness .
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8987268
    Last edited by megimoo; 05-26-2011 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    They have an expensive instrument that measures the knee in three dimensions and calculates where to notch the bone to insert the joint .Most knee replacement doctors eyeball it but find one who has access to the propper equipment .My wife had both knees done and enjoys muich better pain free movement .Occasionally when the weather is damp she still feels some stiffness .
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8987268
    The doc here is from Cleveland Clinic. He had been both an engineer and computer expert. He's very precise. I think the other guy eyeballed it and didn't have a very good eye. It never was right.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

I'd like to request everyone be nice and gentle with the mods and supermods, no squabbling please.
    I'd like to see Rock step down and Bubba take his place.... :D

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    The doc here is from Cleveland Clinic. He had been both an engineer and computer expert. He's very precise. I think the other guy eyeballed it and didn't have a very good eye. It never was right.
    when my Grandmother had her first one done they ended up cracking the femur because the bone was soft it took much longer for it to heal than it should have and i think it got infected. When they did the second one it went much better and she's doing great now

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    when my Grandmother had her first one done they ended up cracking the femur because the bone was soft it took much longer for it to heal than it should have and i think it got infected. When they did the second one it went much better and she's doing great now
    He just called you an old woman SLW !!

Thanks, think those prayers are working. They just transferred him about an hour ago from intensive care to a regular room. That's a good sign.

He was out most of the day, but due to the major sedation.

They don't think it was a stroke (hope they don't find out otherwise later), but seizures that were the consequence of the previous stroke. It was terrifying, but guess the years of handling the seizures of our dog Blue prepared me. The paramedics did a good job, and they're giving him greyt care at Sarasota Memorial.

Our neighbors have been wonderful. One is a nurse practitioner working on her PhD who stayed with me last night at the hospital til 9:30pm. She noticed when Garrett started to have a major problem last night. They whisked me out of the room and she stayed with me. The neighbors are rallying around. They're starting to take turns walking the hounds, as I can barely walk. I need the knee replacement badly, but have been unable to have the surgery done that had been scheduled for Feb 28th (the stroke was Feb 19th). Tonight one of the ladies took me out to dinner.
    You have some good neighbors. It restores ones faith in humanity when people go the extra mile to be kind.

Hopefully you will be able to get your knee replacement surgery and be spry again.

All of my prayers and best wishes are with you. Please give SR my best and let me know if there's anything that I can do. I'll be taking the family to Disney in July as part of our PCS move, and I'm sure that Sarasota isn't that far out of our way. I will now impose the obligatory cheap laugh:

They don't think it was a stroke (hope they don't find out otherwise later), but seizures that were the consequence of the previous stroke. It was terrifying, but guess the years of handling the seizures of our dog Blue prepared me.
    If the dog's seizures rubbed off on him, I'm that he'll be back up and licking his nuts in no time. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    If the dog's seizures rubbed off on him, I'm that he'll be back up and licking his nuts in no time. :D
    That's as bad as what I was thinking - if any of Blue's meds are left over..... ;)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Get well soon.