Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dunno from lithium, although I have seen the results of providing lithium for someone who was have problems with depression. Worked in that case, but I don't know about a general application.

Is there a problem with fluoride? I thought it worked well.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    They should just cut to the chase and add G-23 Paxilon Hydrochlorate to the water.
    LMAO, sure, sounds good :D

We aren't particularly good at imagining unintended side-effects in any area, let alone this one. While I'd like everyone to be emotionally resilient, actually developing those skills seems like a better idea than being dependent on a water supply for your emotional stability.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Dunno from lithium, although I have seen the results of providing lithium for someone who was have problems with depression. Worked in that case, but I don't know about a general application.

Is there a problem with fluoride? I thought it worked well.

Lithium is used to treat depression and bipolar disorder. The theory is that people with bipolar disorder don't make enough lithium in their own bodies to have stable moods. Usually, Lithium works at first and then ends up being supplemented with something else, or replaced with Depakote or Seroquel.

Psychiatrists use Lithium to diagnose Bipolar. If it works on the patient, they assume the patient is bipolar. I would imagine putting something like that in the water supply could really mess people up, assuming that the theory about normal personalities producing sufficient amounts of lithium is an accurate one. Too much lithium could have a bad effect, too.