Thread: Fuelish Friday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Fuelish Friday 
    Power CUer
    It's sunny and will be very warm today. Left the house at 5 to drive to Charlottesville for a meeting.

TOTD: I've been paying about $4.35/gallon for 93 octane. Down here in Charlottesville, I just filled the tank with 93 octane for $3.73/gallon. What are you paying these days?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Finally, it should be in the high 60s with no severe winds or drenching rains. I have to replant some stuff because the exotic wetness rotted some seedlings.

TOTD: I have no least idea. I never pump gas. Since we only have one vehicle, every male in my family knows that I will basically run out of gas before I'll pump any. The last time I filled up was about 2 or 3 years ago and Mr. Snaps had to hear about it for hours. :D

Power CUer
    It's so weird that you're "girlie" about that, Ginger. I hope you never tie up traffic like the Porsche Cayenne I was stuck behind one day. She tied up one lane of a two lane road because she had run out of gas, as she girlishly admitted with a laugh. Obviously she was bargaining on getting home before she ran out. I still had my cheap little Saturn then, and I brightly said, "Oh, MY car has a light that comes on to tell me I'm getting low on gas." Just being helpful, you know.
    She said, "Oh, my God, you're such a bitch!" I said, "Better a bitch than an idiot."
    Don't Let This Happen To You, Ginger.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    It's so weird that you're "girlie" about that, Ginger. I hope you never tie up traffic like the Porsche Cayenne I was stuck behind one day. She tied up one lane of a two lane road because she had run out of gas, as she girlishly admitted with a laugh. Obviously she was bargaining on getting home before she ran out. I still had my cheap little Saturn then, and I brightly said, "Oh, MY car has a light that comes on to tell me I'm getting low on gas." Just being helpful, you know.
    She said, "Oh, my God, you're such a bitch!" I said, "Better a bitch than an idiot."
    Don't Let This Happen To You, Ginger.
    My car has one of those lights also apparently. I seem to recall seeing it during the Gas-Pumping Unpleasantness a few years ago.

I can take out stitches, bake a cake, use a chainsaw, sew Western-style dress shirts, and host fabulous parties, all of which I do often on behalf of Mr. Snaps (it's not like I have an interest in faculty parties). The least he can do is kill spiders and keep the gas topped up.

A girl has to put her foot down (on the accelerator) sometimes or men will get the wrong idea. ;)

Our forecast calls for a high of 106 degrees today.

I just came back from an errand. Gas is $3.67.

I think I paid $3.60 or so for 87 octane a week and a half ago. I've heard it's gone done since then. I won't need more until next week.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

Damn! 106 in Texas. There are some things about Texas that we miss. Heat just felt good, somehow.

But it'll be 70 here.

I don't buy much gas, even though I drive a pickup. Fill up about once a month, so I really don't pay much attention to how much it costs. Wife would know, though.

I think Ginger's attitude in hilarious. I know someone just like (well, very similar to) her in Ft Worth.:)

Diesel is 3.69 a gallon. A good portion of the fuel that I use I make from crude oil, used motor oil and condensation from natural gas wells(pentane, hexane and butane).
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Just filled up here for $4.09 a gallon for regular, which is the cheapest I could find in my area.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf